Chapter 1

Chapter 1

**

Scarlett

I was walking down the sidewalk to meet my friend at a nearby cafe for coffee. We had a small break from work so we decided to meet at the cafe to spend our free time. The cafe was only 5 minutes walk from work but I had to hurry since I was late.

My phone vibrated in my hand indicating that I got an angry call. As soon as I answered, I pulled it away from my ears as I heard shouting from the other line.

"How long does it take to walk from the hotel to the cafe which is right next to it!?" The voice screamed in my ears.

There were few people who were walking beside me and at the sound of the scream, they gave me an annoyed look. I smiled apologetically at them before placing my phone to my ears. 

"Calm down, would you?" I said, rolling my eyes. "I'm just outside the cafe."

I pushed the door open to the cafe and was instantly hit by the air conditioner. I sighed in relief as I smelled the delicious smell of coffee. My nerves instantly relax as I felt my body wake up from his exhaustion. I looked around to find my crazy best friend and saw her waving frantically at me. I walked towards her table and sat on the seat in front of her.

"What took you so long?" She asked in irritation.

"I had few things to do and also to change," I said, looking down at my clothes. "You got free before me today."

"I was waiting," she huffed and crossed her arms.

"Really?" I asked, looking at the empty cups of coffee in front of her in amusement.

"It was a long wait." She lied.

"Whatever you say," I teased and stood up. "I'm going to get myself a coffee. Do you need anything?"

"I wouldn't mind a cupcake," she said shrugging and giving me a sweet smile.

"Of course, you don't." I laughed and walked over to the counter.

There was a man standing there with his back to me and ordering his food. As I waited for him to finish, I looked around the cafe. A booth, not so far away from my sight, caught my attention.

A mix variety of people, varying from different age group were seated at the booth. All of them had an attractive aura around them which drew the attention of the people sitting near them. I couldn't help myself either by glancing at them from time to time. I already knew who most of them were.

A throat clearing brought me out of my thoughts. I turned around to look at the man on the other side of the counter waiting for me to order. He raised an impatient eyebrow at me as he tapped his finger on the counter. "Do you want to order?" He asked.

I was utterly confused. I looked around for the man who was standing in front of me and found him walking toward the table I was staring at. As if feeling my gaze on him, he turned his head slightly to look at the source of the stare. As soon as his eyes found mine, he kept a strong gaze on me.

I broke off the stare as I heard an impatient growl come from behind me. I swiftly turned around to see the worker glaring at me. I rolled my eyes at him and stepped forward and place my order. I side stepped and waited for it to come as the person behind me ordered his share of food.

My eyes were again drawn to the man at the table. He was busy talking with the other guys and girls at his table. I noticed he was not wearing his usual suit that I've seen him wear from all the magazines. Instead he was wearing a causal t-shirt and jeans. His hair which was usually styled back was now in a messy look and his lips which were set in a smirk are grinning happily at others. He was rather very attractive in this look but he looked down right ravishing in his suit.