Chapter 10

Chapter 10

**

Ethan

Bang.

I heard a loud noise of something being opened loudly. My eyes snapped open, only for me to close it due the light. Once I adjusted my eyesight, I found myself in the storeroom. I looked beside me to see Scarlett sleeping with her head resting on my shoulder. When I heard the sound of someone running in, I looked up. I saw a woman, Lizzy rushing in with my brother Will hot on her heels along with the manager.

"Ethan?" I heard Will call out for me.

"Scarlett?" The woman called.

Scarlett, who was beside me, woke up with a jolt. She looked disoriented for a minute before she glanced up at me and down at our position. She scrambled away from me and stood up, patting her hair and wiping her mouth. I copied her action and stood up as well. 

"We are here." I said, loudly. 

I heard the sound of feet running towards us. Within a second, Scarlett's friend, Lizzy came into our view followed by my brother and the manager. 

"Are you alright?" Lizzy asked, rushing towards Scarlett. 

"I'm alright." Scarlett replied, looking at me. Lizzy followed her line of vision and trailed her eyes up and down my body and then back to Scarlett.

"Are you wearing his jacket?" Lizzy asked.

Scarlett nodded her head. "We were stuck in here and the night was cold. I was shivering so he lend me his suit jacket."

"I am so sorry Sir," The manager, Antonio said, looking at me with grimace and then turned to Scarlett. "You too, Scarlett. I'm really sorry."

"How did this happen?" Will, who was silent, spoke.

"I came in here to store few boxes." Scarlett started.

"And I was already present here. I had to return the swim glasses." I continued, snapping their attention to me. "Somehow the door closed and we got stuck here."

"Why didn't you call me?" Will asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"There was no network here." Scarlett answered in my place. Will nodded his head in response with a thoughtful look on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him in questioning, but didn't open my mouth in front of everyone. 

"How did you find us?" Scarlett asked and turned her attention towards Lizzy. "Why didn't you look for me last night before leaving?"

"I got a message from you saying that you already left since you weren't feeling well." Lizzy replied with a frown. "I tried to call you, but your phone was switched off so I thought maybe you slept. I am sorry. I should have been more careful."

"I never messaged you," Scarlett said with a frown. "My phone is in the locker with my other stuffs."

"So, that means someone else took your phone and messaged your friend and locked you in here?" Will asked, his eyes focused on Scarlett, yet I could feel his mind calculating everything.

"Why would anyone do that?" Lizzy asked in confusion as she looked around at us and then settled her eyes on Scarlett. "Who would try to hurt you and why?"

"We can always talk about this later." I started. "Right now I think we should let Scarlett rest. She had work yesterday so she must be tired."

"Yes, you are right." Antonio said as he went over to stand next to Scarlett. "Take a day off today."