Fragments of Memories

I woke up in cold sweat, but on the bright side, I'm breathing normally and my tremblings stopped. I noticed a figure sitting beside me as if he was waiting for me to open my eyes, it seemed like he was sleeping quite deeply. Just as I was about to pass him my blankets, his beautiful jade green eyes fluttered awake " Morning, Ieyasu " I greeted as the warlord sighed heavily towards me " I really don't understand what Lord Nobunaga sees in you, you just keep causing trouble for him over and over again " He said coldly as I couldn't respond to such harsh remarks that hit close to home.

" Speechless? " He pressed on, I can't really blame him for hating on me either, I did pop out of nowhere, got dragged into their war camps, lowkey kinda stole his job and as he said, I keep causing trouble even though I've only been here for a few days. What is there to say? " You're right " I replied, the only thing I like about myself is, I like to own up to my mistakes, pushing the blame onto others would just make the situation even worse. " What? " The warlord seemed to be surprised by my words as I could only smile bitterly towards him, I don't hold any grudges nor hate towards this man, but I simply, hold grudges to myself.

" You-- " Before the sharp-tongued fairy could continue, the door slid open, revealing Hideyoshi, Masamune, and Mitsunari who looked a bit furious, but I'm not sure towards who. " Ieyasu! You could at least told me she's awake! " Hideyoshi snapped as Ieyasu simply shrugged him off " She's awake, my work is done," he said before leaving my room as I could only bid him farewell. " I hate women like you the most " was his last words before eyeing me with disgust.

" Hibiki, don't pay that guy any mind, he's always been like that " Masamune said, reassuring me, but somehow, his words don't really bring much comfort to me. There are just so many things happening in my life, getting myself forced into an unusual environment back through time, saved a warlord, got myself accused as a perpetrator, dragged into war camp, knowing I'll get myself stuck here for 3 whole months. I actually thought I can make myself strong enough to go through the entire 3 months without breaking down emotionally.

But I'm tired, I have no idea what happened yesterday, and I have no idea what's going to happen to me from here on out. Just like Ieyasu said, I would hate someone such as myself too, without realizing it, tears swelled up as I simply broke down in front of three men who I have yet closely associate with nor knowing them personally and not only based on textbooks and assignments.

I am tired.

I want my best friend back, I want someone from my time to be here with me. I hate it here. Even the people here hate me for being here. I didn't ask to be dragged here in the first place, and yet-- I can't help but think that Nobunaga will use me as his pawn somewhere in the future, or sells me off to someone unknown to me. I have no use in this timeline. Even if he did something to me, who am I supposed to report it to? The authorities? My life felt like a tragic trainwreck at this point.

I kept crying and sobbing to myself, and I appreciate them for respecting my boundaries and not saying anything to make the situation worse. The entire emotional breakdown and meltdown session went on for almost an hour until my tears are finally dried and I wanted my lungs to breathe normally again before I hyperventilate. I wiped off my tears and gave them a sincere smile, " thanks, for joining in my random crying therapy session " I joked to lighten up the gloomy mood but it doesn't seem fairly effective.

" Aww cmon guys, I JUST had my crying session, I'm all out of tears! Can't be depressed forever now can we? cmon, cheer up! " I said as my heart feels a lot lighter after crying, and I start to stretch myself. " Hibiki, I know we're not as close to you as Sena, but just know, we'll be here to support you " Hideyoshi suddenly said, by the looks of his eyes, I can at least tell they seem sincere and it came from his heart. " Thank you, I would appreciate that, " I said, the thought of them actually sparing their time for a stranger like me made me want to tear up once more. " Now you guys felt like the older brothers I never had but would love to have " I joked as Masamune looked like he just got a brilliant idea " That's it! from now on, you can think of us as your adopted brothers! " He said so carefreely that I for once, would love to agree.

" Then, can I have a group hug from my dearest brothers? " I proposed as they both looked at me in surprise, although their gaze soon softened and pulled me in close for a group hug. I noticed my weird symptoms aren't acting up when we hugged, but I wonder why... last night with Nobunaga... it's like my body is rejecting him wholeheartedly.

I decided to just think about the issue at a later date and focus on what is happening at this moment. We all broke up from the group hug as I told them I need to wash up and change my clothes, Mitsunari informed me beforehand that my breakfast would be served in my room. A few minutes after I had finally done cleaning myself up and wore a simple pink kimono, a woman's voice called out to my name from the outside " Lady Hibiki?"

" Oh is it my breakfast? You can just leave it outside, I'll get them in a sec " I said as was still busy drying my hair with a towel. " Lord Nobunaga also left a message for you to go to the war council hall after breakfast " She continued as I had her to lead me the way right after I finish my breakfast. The attendant was kind enough to give me just enough time to finish my meal before guiding me to yet another strange room.

Once again, I took a deep breath and announced my arrival " Uh, Hibiki here? " I said, and the door slid open as I was greeted by Masamune who also asked me to sit next to him. " Thanks " I whispered as he gave me a simple thumbs up and a smile. " How are you feeling, Hibiki? " Mitsuhide asked as I politely gave a simple smile saying I'm doing well. Our greetings were cut short as Nobunaga simply let out a simple cough, indicating for us to stop talking.

" Now that everyone is here, Hibiki, you're coming with me tomorrow " Since the demon lord is looking at me quite seriously, I thought it was better for me to agree with this sudden trip and ask the questions later. " Sure " I replied, this trip could maybe help me figure out why I act the way I act around Nobunaga last night. 

Fast forward.

maybe, just maybe... I should've asked a few questions before agreeing to this. " Hibiki, what are you doing standing around? Get on the horse " Nobunaga ordered as my feet froze. " Uhh.. why does it seems like we're the only ones going to this 'trip'? " I popped a question as I slowly made my way to climb up to the horse. " Because we are, Hideyoshi have you packed her bag? " the warlord asked his vessel as Hideyoshi came over and passed me my travel bag pack " Here, I've packed some comfortable clothing and bento for the trip "  The thought of Hideyoshi packing me a bento makes it seem like he's more like a mother than a brother. " Thanks, mom " I teased as the warlord rolled his eyes jokingly and helped me get myself onto the back of the horse.

" Take care you two! " The warlords lined up and bid us farewell as Nobunaga gave them a simple wave and took off " You guys take care as well! " I waved to them whilst keeping one arm around the demon lord's waist to avoid me from falling and possibly breaking my back. The further we traveled from the Azuchi castle, the more I feel unsafe and wary of this unpredictable warlord. 

After almost a few hour of silence between us," Maybe he's going to drop me to a secluded forest and kill me there under the pretext of 'trip'  or he's going to meet up with a black market trader and sell me off--" 

 " Hibiki " Nobunaga suddenly called out to me, snapping me back to reality. " Yes? " I simply answered as I noticed the horse started to slow down from its' original pace and finally came to a stop. I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but all I'm saying is-- I'm prepared to flee if anything goes wrong. How? That's a question I'll think about later. 

Nobunaga proceeds to dismount himself from the horse and offered his hand to assist me. I safely landed on the solid ground and waited for his next instructions. " We'll take a break over the river for a few minutes before continuing our journey, go.. frolic around or something, I'll be resting under that tree if you need me " He said, pointing towards a seemingly huge tree.

 " Oh, alright " I replied

Before he starts his nap, he went and tied the horse reigns around the bark of the tree and lay down comfortably. I was left practically, alone, and decided to follow his advice and frolic somewhere else as to not bother his nap.