Blood Is Thicker Than Water

My head is seemingly intact, nothing happened, I was confused for a good 3 minutes, when suddenly I felt someone's hand on top of my head, ruffling my hair playfully. " You got that one right, " Nobunaga said as he crouched beside me giving me a warm smile, words could not describe how happy I was at that moment, to know that they too acknowledged me as a family... and accepted me. 

The one whom I used to call a demon, pretty much now looked more like a dad to me right now. He casually offered me a hug as I just went for it, " thanks, Nobunaga " I smiled as he wiped away my excess tears and gave me more head pats, and reassuring me. " The others are quite worried about you as well, why don't you go ahead and give them a hug? " He proposed as I nodded in agreement. 

Nobunaga released me from the hug as I got up to my feet and twiddled my fingers " Everyone... I would like to apologize for being such a burden... but-- I don't wanna die as well! I don't want to leave behind the people I had already recognized as a family! I will do my best from now on and make you all proud! " I said as I then got tackled by a huge beast, rather it was Masamune, " We promise to take good care of you as well, lass " the one-eyed beast chuckled as I giggled, moments later, Hideyoshi pulled him away from me

 " Oi Masamune! She just woke up and you're already manhandling her?! " the mother side of Hideyoshi started to show up as he then continues to fix my disarrayed hair and gave me a hug, " You're already so brave and strong... I'm already proud of you, Hibiki " He whispered as I almost got tears in my eyes, he released me from the hug as I was left facing the person that hated me the most, Ieyasu.

" Ieyasu... I'm sorry for making your job harder-- " before I could finish, the fairy-like warlord cut me off. " I don't care about the small stuff, the important thing is... you survived, take care of yourself properly " even though the tone in his voice is as cold as ice, but the words gave me reassurance and warmth to my heart. " I will! " I replied with a smile on my face as I heard footsteps coming down the hall, it was Mitsunari.

" I hope I'm not too late for the hug? " He asked as I could only giggle towards this precious angel and throw myself into his arms, thankfully-- he managed to catch me, or else it would've been awkward. " Thanks, Mitsunari! For always being on my side " I said as I gave him the biggest hug I could, he, on the other hand, had ruffled my hair that was once fixed by Hideyoshi.

 " Glad to be of your assistance " He replied

Although everything had ended well, I still didn't get to enter the onsen... " Before we go back home-- can I still go in the onsen? " I asked as they all gave me a surprised look before bursting into laughter at once. " Sure, why not? " Nobunaga agreed as I was more than excited to finally get myself into the warm waters, " Masamune and I will keep watch on her, just in case anything happens, as for the others, you shall wait outside " the warlord ordered as they all nodded in agreement and split up.

" Oh, I think you would need a new bathing yukata--here, you can use mine, " Nobunaga said as he handed me a fresh pair, " Don't worry lass, we won't peek, just scream if anything happens! Oh, but if you see a cockroach, you're on your own " Masamune said as I let out an amused giggle before going into a separate room and changed into the warlord's yukata, it was bigger than I expected, but I managed. I proceed to slowly wade my way into the center of the onsen, and pretending nothing traumatic had happened to me earlier-- because why not? and ignorance is bliss for people like me.

I did however forgot to bring my anti-anxiety prescription since I did not expect myself to get a panic attack during my fieldwork. The pills that Ieyasu gave me helped me a lot, it tasted nostalgic... like the chamomile tea, Izumi used to brew for me back at home--either way, I managed to be at peace for almost half an hour before Nobunaga called for me " You might want to get out of there, wouldn't want you to pass out on us for the second time " He advised as I nodded in response before slowly moving towards the edge of the onsen.

" Lord Nobunaga-- "  A voice called out from outside the room as the demon lord gave me a reassuring look, Masamune then proceeds to pass me a piece of towel before the two of them excused themselves from the room. Now that I think of it...  I wonder why they didn't do that in the first place? Whatever it was, I dried myself off and looked for my kimono, and strangely enough... I couldn't find it. On the other hand, there was this superbly expensive-looking kimono popping out of nowhere, which I had pretty sure I didn't bring along with me? 

My luggage was nowhere to be found, feeling like its either the silk woven kimono or the towel-- I would prefer to be at least clothed because I don't think a mere piece of towel and all those wind from horseback riding would go together... I reluctantly put on the garment, as I then, encountered an old enemy of mine... the obi. God knows how hard it is to put on an obi all by yourself, and considering how I never actually got proper education on how to put it on and had been relying on the maids back in the castle and Izumi... I'm as good as screwed.

The warlords must've noticed that I was taking a bit more time than usual as Mitsunari came over to check up on me " Lady Hibiki, are you alright in there? " he asked politely from the other side of the door as I prayed to God that Mitsunari would have the knowledge to pull this off. " Mitsunari-- I actually ran into a bit of a problem.. can you help me out? " I said as the gentle warlord came over immediately, " Do you know how to tie an obi? " I asked as we were then greeted with an awkward silence, and a bit of impromptu staring contest had suddenly commenced. 

" D-Don't tell me... " before I could finish, the warlord just looked at me in grim and nodded his head in silence. I can't go out without it, because then-- it would've been much better to put on the towel than wearing a kimono without the obi " I did read about it in some books... but to put it in practicality... oh! I'm guessing maybe Lord Hideyoshi has some experience! " Mitsunari said as I didn't bother to question it-- since he looks like a big brother type that maybe has a lot of little sisters? Needless to say, the warlord went over to fetch Nobunaga's right-hand man and sure enough, he came back in less than 5 minutes.

" I heard about the situation, don't worry I can fix this " Hideyoshi said as I handed my obi over to him, " Sorry again about this-- I'm not used to wearing expensive kimono...or kimono in general... oh but I can wear yukata decent enough to not become a laughing stock! " I said as the right-hand man gave me a brotherly chuckle before finishing up my obi, with a pat on the back he enthusiastically said, " Don't worry, I'll teach you how to tie it properly after we get home! ". Everything felt really warm in my heart as I tried my best to hold off my tears " Yeah! and self-defense as well! I need to get stronger to stand next to you beasts! " 

With that said, the three of us walked out of the onsen and I was then dragged off by Masamune who proceeds to shove food into my mouth " You need some more meat in those bones to lass! You look like you're going to break into half the moment the winds come blowing at ya! " the sapphire blue-eyed warlord joked as he passed me a bowl of his homemade beef stew, I laughed alongside him as I looked around, seeing the warlords enjoying the bright and up-lifting vibes except for Nobunaga who was missing out on the fun, he was nowhere to be seen.

" I wonder where  Lord Nobunaga went.. " I accidentally blurted out my thoughts as Mitsuhide suddenly showed up right beside me " probably went hunting for 'snakes'," He said in his usual suspicious tone, which I'm not going to lie-- kinda freaks me out at times, " Huh... I wonder how it would taste like " I casually said, as I heard that it somehow tastes similarly to chicken? But since snake meat contains mercury, it wouldn't be bright to eat them in a large amount. When I came back from my train of thoughts, I noticed the two warlords staring at me like I just said something crazy, and starting laughing amongst themselves, which makes me wonder if it's some sort of inside joke that I just walked myself into--

" I would love to use them as one of my cooking ingredients as well someday! But before that! Make sure to properly finish your meals! " 

After dinner had ended, I ended up riding the horse back to Azuchi Castle with Ieyasu, because the other warlords seemed to have 'other business' to tend to, and they need the patient to go home and rest, a.k.a me. Ieyasu, ended up as my escort and medical help just in case anything happens along the way. Trust me-- the tension was unbelievably high, I feel like it could break at any moment but it just ended up as a potential energy instead (sorry, I had to slip in my physics joke)