CHAPTER VI

This weekend our friends decided to plan a hike and camping to Andy's surprise. Her best friend ? spending time outside of work ? Who was she ? Not that she was jealous or anything, just surprised by how Carina holds so much power on her best friend. She never was able to convince her to do activities and all of sudden this gorgeous italian woman makes her do whatever she wants ? She thought it was a good thing of course, she didn't doubt either Carina's intentions. She surely wanted to know her secret.

'Are you ready ?' the brunette asked as she was finishing introducing the suitcases in the trunk. 'Yup, all good'. They were exited and it showed. 

After two hours drive they arrived to a nice little spot between mountains and forest. The air was pure, sky blue, zenith and birds whistling. They made their way into the forest and walked for a few hours observing the landscape the nature could offer them. They reached some little mountain tops and took a couple of sweet pictures together and of the landscape. After 4 hours they found a river they decided to back up to meet a medium waterfall where they figured they'd install their tents. Maya took a breath of fresh air closing her eyes 'That's so nice' she whispered. 'I'm glad you like it, I've came here a few times, it's always relaxing'. 'I'm going to look around for some woods to start a fire' Maya affirmed as she sank into the forest. Carina, wooden hammer and nails in hands, began to raise her tent. 

After long minutes Maya came back with a bunch of branches between her arms. 'Did you hear this ?' she questioned. 'Helicopters ? Yeah'. What's supposed to be normal alarmed Maya, there were more than normal actually. They somehow managed to keep unpacking and set everything up. Carina had obvious troubles settling her tent. Maya, tent already raised up, giggled and offered her help. Carina declined thinking she was perfectly able to handle this simple task although she's been at it for over 30 minutes.

Minutes passed, the sun was setting to let the twilight take over, it was getting colder, both women started a fire when suddenly they were disturbed by some police officers approaching. 'Hello misses, we're sorry to bother. We're looking for an individual who appeared to have kidnapped a little girl in the nearest town from here. We're gonna look around and secure the perimeter. If you're feeling like going we can escort you out of the forest otherwise know you're safe. Patrol is between air with helicopters and ground with a few others of our own.' one said in a serious tone yet reassuring. Maya turned to make eye contact with Carina waiting on what to decide. 'Is your individual armed ?' she finally asked. 'Not that we know ma'am' the police officer replied. 'I guess we could stay ?' she affirmed unsure, looking back at Maya waiting for her confirmation. The blonde girl raised her shoulders and nodded. 

As the officers left Carina joked and assumed it was fine because her friend was a firefighter, she'd know how to fight to which Maya answered she only fought fires but she'd defend them if anything.

Carina had given up on her tent and now the only light they had was the fire they made a bit earlier. They reunited around it as it was colder and began to dinner with the food Carina made. 'Ugh I'm never gonna get tired of this' Maya said chewing fulfilled. Carina laughed 'I'll do this more often if you let me'. Blues eyes met brown eyes between the fire glow. 'I brought my ukulele' Carina said suddenly breaking the silence. 'You did ? I didn't know you could play' 'There's a lot of things I can do' she said slightly titling her head and bitting her lower lip. Maya couldn't help but blush, play with her wrist and smile which to her luck was concealed by the flames and the heat they provided. 'Can you sing too ?' the blonde added. 'I was expecting you to, actually' 'What, me ? Eeh, no it's not-' 'Come on, Andrea told me you could sing' 'Andrea what now ?' Maya replied 'socked' by the betrayal. Carina giggled, smile big on her face 'Don't be shy it's just me' 'It's not you or not it's just...' 'I won't judge but I won't push you either. I was just... asking just in case'. 'Or you could sing' Maya added. 'Or I could sing' 'That's a deal !'