CHAPTER IX

The night was long. Maya couldn't sleep, she was looking forwards to their next interaction.

*Goodnight bella*, she checked her phone only to see a text from the same girl she couldn't stop thinking about. This text truly didn't help.

Carina, on the other hand, was satisfied by how she let things. 

Morning came up faster than expected. The air felt light, the sunlight was soft, both women were alike two teenage girls, waves of impatience and excitement floating in the air.

It was actually Maya's day off. She would usually go to work but, today, she had another preoccupation which would keep her from being 100% focused.

She waited at home for Carina's day to be over. She would round in circles, make coffees, watch some stupid shows on tv, but her mind wasn't distracted yet it was. At some point she sighed, consumed by the wait, jumped in the car and drove to Grey Sloan Memorial.

5 P.M. She waited nine hours. What would she say once she gets there, once she stands in front of Carina ? She had no idea, all she was sure about is that she needed to talk after yesterday.

She parked the car in front of the hospital now a little apprehending the moment. The blonde made her way into the building and walked between the halls which felt tighter than usual. 

'Maya Bishop ?' The firefighter turned around to see Carina standing next to a door as she was leaving a consult. 'Hey' she simply replied. 'Something's wrong ? Don't tell me you're pregnant' she joked. Maya couldn't help but laugh at how stupid this sounded 'No, no I'm not pregnant unless you want me to' she felt confidence rush in. 'I see you've taken things to a further stage. already?!' Carina replied rolling her eyes playfully.

Smile forming on both faces, we could suddenly feel happiness wandering. 

'You can't leave me like that' Maya finally stated. 'Like what' Carina asked unsure. 'Like you kiss me and let me wait an entire day'. 

Carina took Maya by the hand to lead them somewhere quieter than the middle of the hallway. She opened a door to Maya's obvious incomprehension before crashing her lips on hers closing the door behind with one hand in the process, the other on the wall.

'What happened to "I'm at work"' Maya questioned breathless. 'What happened to "you can't leave me like that"' Carina shot back playfully letting the woman in front of her speechless 'Are you gonna complain about this too now ?' she added lowering one hand down Maya's body. The blonde's breathing got shorter 'That's what I thought' Carina murmured, low voice, into her ear causing the blonde to close her eyes. 

'Don't you have other patients' she struggled to say. 'Right now you're the top prior patient'. The smaller woman laughed softly soon enough stopped by the overwhelming urge coursing through her body.

The Italian teased her caressing her abdomen and sometimes passing her hand between her thighs without never really touching her where she needed it the most. 'Carina' Maya let out desperate, but all she did was looking intently as she enjoyed seeing the effect she had on her. 'Stop that' Maya added. 'Are you sure you want me to stop' dark eyes meeting blue eyes as they opened. 

Maya locked her eyes on the woman, 'You're annoying' she said, gently tapping her chest. Carina laughed against her lips before finally sliding her hand under her pants without warning. The blonde threw her head back letting the opportunity for Carina to kiss her neck. She let out a soft moan at the sensation of the brunette all over her body. 

*Beep ; beep* Carina's pager went on. 'Shit' she let out removing her hand to check it. 'I got to go' she looked up at Maya to find puppy eyes. 'I meant the "you can't leave me like that" and I mean it even more now'. 'Don't'- The audacity ! I'm a doctor I have to take this but I promise I'll make it up to you tonight' she leant down for a kiss. 'Wasn't I your top prior patient' she acted dramatic yet both knew she was only playing. 'Oh shut up' the brunette let out exasperated but smiley. 'Ugh, fine, you're letting me frustrated once more. I can't promise not doing anything about it' she said bitting down on her lower lip. 'Oh ?' 'But go, I'll see you tonight then'. The curly haired woman bumped her nose before quickly giving her a kiss : 'Now you're the annoying one' that was the last doctor's words before she left the tiny room.

Twice. She let her frustrated twice within 24 hours. Our firefighter was definitely still turned on. Kisses weren't enough and she was craving Carina's touch & body but that gorgeous lady left. She would definitely make herself come right now if the thought of keeping this urge intense until Carina would make it for her wasn't that high. 

Patience she thought to herself, it'll be worth it.