Toxic - kageyama⛓

-Description-
You are kageyamas partner! Congrats  :)! Although, it has a lot of...problems. Some may even call it toxic. But you love him so you stay. Does he actually love you though?
~tw:suggestive suicide and g-n$~

y/n pov
I'm waiting for my boyfriend to finish up his practice outside the gym. Hopefully he doesn't blow me off and forget his promise again. Lately kageyama and I have been having a lot of fights. Most of them, pointless. I hope this doesn't last because i'm not sure how much more my heart can take.

I see kageyama walk out and I run towards him only to be stopped by Hinata who whispers something to me. "I wouldn't mess with him right now...he kept messing up in practice so he's pretty heated." I looked at Hinata then back at kageyama. 'He's my boyfriend. It's fine, if anything I should be there for him when he's down' Or...so i thought.

I walk up to kageyama and greet him. "Hey Tobio!" He shoots a glare at me and says something that breaks me. "Don't call my by my first name." What? We had been dating for two years...and all of a sudden I can't feel close to him anymore?

"W-why not?" I stutter hoping he doesn't catch that. He doesn't reply and just starts to walk towards a car i've never seen before. Then before Hinata can say anything to reassure me, I saw who was driving the car. My ex-best friend.

We had a huge fight when she tried to get with kageyama before which is why we stopped being friends. Kageyama said he hated her...now i'm really at a loss. Tears start to form in my eyes as I watch the car drive away. Before the driver is out of distance, she winks at me.

Multiple guys off the team offer to walk me home, I decline. I just want to be alone right now.

I arrive home, drop all my stuff and jump into my bed. 'Is kageyama cheating on me? It would explain his behavior lately...' "wait no! I shouldn't be thinking like that. He loves me and I love him...right?" I question out loud.

I call Kageyama and he picks up quicker than I thought he would. "What do want?" he says in an aggravated tone. "Oh well I just wanted to ask you something." I'm surprised I didn't stutter then. "Ok. Well go on, i'm pretty busy right now." I take a breathe before asking "Do you love me?" I hear a gasp but it's not him...it's a...female. I hear whispers then silence. He responds with the last word he had said to me. "No" then he hung up.

My eyes were suddenly waterfalls. I couldn't stop crying. Everything was just a blur now. An empty void with no meaning. A few thoughts crossed my mind to resolve the pain, but i rationalized.

I was too tired to make dinner so I just went to sleep. I wasn't even hungry, I wasn't sad, I wasn't tired either. I just didn't feel anything.

I found the ability to walk and go to school after skipping for a week. I didn't eat breakfast or even shower. I throw on a hoodie and dark-washed jeans. I don't even bother with my hair or makeup.

I get to school and see kageyama and my ex-best friend talking. Kageyama was smiling though. I slightly smiled since I hadn't seen him smile in almost a whole year but then quickly stopped when I realized it was because of her.

I put my hood on and walk into my first class. I made it through and went to lunch. I walk into the cafeteria and see the two love-birds making out. 'He never was for PDA with me...' I sigh and sit down away from everyone else.

My silence is interrupted by Asahi tapping my shoulder. "Hey...y/n are you ok?" hm. ok? that was the first time anyone has asked me that question in a while. I put on a fake smile "Yea, i'm great!" I guess I wasn't that convincing. "No you're not y/n. I'm worried. So is the rest of the team. You're not yourself anymore. What happened." I knew I wasn't getting anything by Asahi so I told him about what had happened between Kageyama and I. He just silently listened while nodding his head. I felt tears form in my eyes once again.

I guess that's all I needed. A shoulder to cry on. Someone who actually cared about my feelings.  Someone who would listen.

I felt better after talking with Asahi. I thank him and hug him before leaving for my next class. I had 30 minutes before class began so I decided to make amends since this kageyama was NOT the same.

I walk up to Kageyama and my ex-best friend. They stop kissing and my ex-best friend looks at me with disgust. "Didn't you already break the news to this loser babe?" 'babe? he hated that pet name' "I want to speak with kageyama...alone" she scoffs and walks away to flirt with some jock. "what" he said blankly. "are you ok? this isn't like you."

His eyes widen just like mine did when asahi asked me. 'yup. there's a reason.' "he grabs my arm and takes me to the sakura garden.

"Who told you?" He ask sternly. "told me what?" I ask. "about why ive...changed." I was confused but pretended to know so maybe he would mention it. "No one" "well someone had to have told you about my family." he looked away unable to look at me. I began to worry. 'what happened with his family?' "well no one did...but i'm here if you want to talk about it. I know that feeling of trying to get rid of the pain, wanting to feel something. anything at all. just know i'm here."

He started to cry and explains how almost a year ago his sister and grandad were killed in a mass shooting. He didn't know how to cope so he just decided to stop thinking about things. If he didn't think then he wouldn't have to be upset or worried. But he knew deep down it did more harm than good.

I let him cry on my shoulder, not saying a word. Just listening. I silently thank Asahi for showing me this new light. I'm surprised by what Kageyama says next.

"I'm so sorry y/n. For everything I put you through...and you stayed even when I was a total dick. I know I need help and i'm so sorry i didn't tell you. I'm not sure why I didn't but it didn't feel right to." I look up at him and weakly smile. "It's ok kageyama. I understand. We can get help together." I wipe his tears away and he hugs me tightly.

From then on we did everything together, that includes therapy. We worked through our problems and learned good ways to cope and deal with it. Kageyama got rid of my ex-best friend completely. Finally he was back to his old self. Still intimidating and expressionless but mentally healthy, and that's all I cared about.
'I guess my story got a happy ending after all'

a/n~
I'm not the best at angst, i personally do not enjoy it. BUT I tried and I couldn't bring myself to leave it sad soo it turned into..well that. :)
Hope you "enjoyed!"