part 6

"You what?

"I.. I don't know. I don't even know my feelings toward you, okay? At first, you were my stylist, then you were my best friend, but then I realized that-"

"Just... stop. Linda, sweetheart, I understand that this is confusing, but I highly doubt that you actually like me. Let alone love me." You sat up. "Things are really confusing for you, and you probably just like the idea of someone like me. Besides, you don't deserve someone who's broken. You deserve someone who's ready for a serious relationship."

"But, y/n. You said love could just show up, and that no one would expect it."

"I know, but I'm not the one you want. Plus, I've made it a rule to not date people I work with."

"Oh." Linda looked down at your hands. Her position was exactly the same as yours when you told her. An arched back, long brown hair spread evenly around her shoulders. You were sure she was about to cry. The little sniffling you heard confirmed it.

"I'm so sorry, Linda. But, trust me. I'm saving you." With that, you grabbed your stuff and slowly made your way out of Linda's house. After apologizing one last time, you ran straight to your car. Maybe the only straight thing you've done in your life. aha i think someone's getting fired. sucks to suck, y/n.

The next few days you've heard nothing from Linda. You wanted to check up on her and make sure she was okay like the good friend you are, but you were too afraid to do that. It wouldn't be worth it. Oh my god, what if you broke her? Cmon, y/n. At least call her.

You listened to that little voice in your head ;) and called her.

"Hello?"

"Hi...uhm." You weren't really sure what to say. Oh, sorry for maybe breaking your heart like that aha

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I-I just had a question. Uhm... do you still wanna work with me? Because I don't want to be around you and like constantly remind you of what happened." You felt terrible for bringing it up again. You made Linda Cardellini cry. All because of some stupid policy you made.

"Uhm.. it's really your choice."

"You know it's not. You're my boss. I just don't want to hurt you again."

"You can stay, but if you ever feel like uncomfortable or anything, you could just leave. You don't have to tell me. Uhm..."

"Oh. Okay. Thanks." You smiled a little because you weren't really sure that there was anybody looking for a stylist around here.

"So, I don't really understand. I thought you liked me back. You.. we were flirting and all that. That policy thing that you have, couldn't you make an exception? I know I'm just me, but you really made me think you loved me."

"Linda, I'm sorry, but that was for the whole fake dating thing. And the ones I said when we were alone were jokes. I'm so sorry I mislead you." This whole made you think of her. This was exactly what had happened with her. The reason you told her how you felt. I mean, at least you didn't tell Linda you were in love with someone else. Haha.

"Right..." You heard someone yelling her name in the background. "Yeah. Okay. Thanks for telling me. I gotta go." She quickly hung up the phone. You didn't even get to say goodbye.

yup wrote this in like.. an hour... maybe I think yk doesn't matter :) love yall

-ayva