part 8

You drove home with your hands clenched around the wheel. Your jaw was clenched so tight that your teeth were basically suffering. However, you let your anger take over your whole entire mindset and you didn't notice. Why are you so angry? That's a question everyone knew the answer to, besides you, of course. You quickly turned into your driveway, maybe a little too fast considering the screeching sound you heard. You finally unclenched your jaw and slumped onto the couch. You felt a sore pain in your mouth while crossing your arms. Your eyebrows were furrowed, the skin around your eyes were tightened. And, your lips were pressed together in a downward position.

After about 5 minutes of staring at the wall, hot tears started rolling down your cheeks. "This is not fucking happening," you said through closed teeth. You quickly wiped your face with the back of your head and got up to get something. You didn't know what yet, but just anything to distract you.

skip to a couple weeks later

"Hey!"

You looked up from your phone with a fake smile plastered on your face. "Hey, Linda. How's uh... your.. girlfriend?"

"Yeah. She's great. Just-" Linda did a stupid little gesture with her hands. "Everything. You know?"

You hid your lips widening your eyes. "Yep." You showed her a tightly closed-lip smile, then looked down again. "Uhm, the outfits are uh... on the rack in your dressing room. Take a look, try on the one you like best. Routine... stuff."

"Gotcha." Linda walked in and did whatever. You didn't care. Okay, yes. Maybe you did, but she was happy with someone else and you couldn't do shit about it. You're the one who rejected her in the first place. That stupid fucking rule, dude.

Cmon, y/n. You love her. And, she fucking loves you. She literally has a girlfriend. She only let me stay because she knows I have no one else. It's just Linda being Linda. I highly doubt she got over you this fast. It's been like a month and a half. So? So, she's not over you. Her girlfriend is just a rebound and a way to get her mind off of you. I mean, it took you months to get over her. Don't. I'm just saying.

wooooo okay bye guys stay safe love y'all
-ayva