3. Callouses| Short

POV- Ringo Starr
In which Y/n tends to Ringo's sore hands after a practice, making him fall even harder for her.

My hands ached terribly after practicing and recording all day long with the band. I still have a few more hours left to go before I can go home with Y/n.

We've been living together for a few months now and life has been great. Waking up with her in my arms is the best feeling anyone could ever feel. And the fact that she works with the band and assist us is even better. It means I get to see my love everyday.

"Ritchie! How's it going?" Y/n asked as I walked into the lounge room. Everyone decided it'd be good for us to take a break before recording our last song for the album.

I plopped down on the couch next to her, immediately curling up against her side, "It's been good but my hands are killing me."

Y/n stroked my hair, playing with random locks. I let out a small hum of content as she continued on playing with my hair, "Do you want me to take a look? See what I can do?"

"I don't want to be a both-," I started but was cut off.

"It's my job to help out around here Ritchie, let me take care of you," Y/n insisted.

I let out a sigh of defeat and sat up. Y/n shifted so that she was in front of me. I held my hands out for her and she gently took them.

After a few seconds of examining, Y/n began to rub circles into my hands. She took care of the pain with such ease and care, it made my heart flutter crazily in my chest.

I let out a groan of bliss as she continued to tenderly massage my hands. The pain was withering away and all there was left was my usual callouses. The ones that Y/n loves.

I was insecure about them at first, however Y/n said that they showed everyone how hard I work and how skilled of a drummer I am. Every since then I've grown fond of them.

"Does that feel better?" Y/n asked sweetly. She stopped massaging my hands, deciding to hold them instead.

I placed a kiss on her cheek and whispered, "Much better. Thank you, darling."

"Of course, Ritchie," Y/n sang happily, "I'll always be here to care for you."

"I love you so much, how did I get so lucky?" I murmured, kissing my love on the lips this time.

"I love you too, more than anything," Y/n giggled softly, pulling me into a warm hug.

The day went by quickly, Y/n's love motivating me to continue with a smile on my face.