7. Baby It's You

POV- Narrator
In which the school's player, Y/n L/n, tries to hide her feelings for Paul McCartney, her childhood best friend.

"Have you heard what they say about you?" Paul asked the girl in his leather jacket.

It was 11pm on a school night, Y/n and Paul had skipped classes to meet up and have spent the entire day together. Neither of them plan on going home anytime soon.

"I know what they say, Paul, but it's not true. I don't cheat! I just get bored with them and move on," Y/n groaned, explaining what she has already explained to hundreds of people, including Paul.

"I don't understand, why are you dating all these people to distract yourself from that one guy? Just ask him already!" Paul says, patting Y/n's shoulder for encouragement.

"You don't understand, he doesn't like me. It's easier this way," Y/n whispered softly. Her eyes lost their natural twinkle and her lips turned down into an unsure frown.

"I'm sure he does! What's not to like? You're brilliant, enthralling, beautiful! I bet if you would just tell me who he is, I'd be able to help you," Paul's voice turned bitter towards the end of his sentence.

Truly he didn't want to help at all. Why would he want to help someone steal what he's after?

"You don't understand, Paulie. I'm a slut. I date and fuck all these guys that I don't even have feelings for just because I want to forget about him. But I can't. I can't forget about him," Y/n muttered sorrowfully.

"Don't you ever call yourself that again. If that bloke doesn't like you back, then he's just stupid. You're wonderful, love. Absolutely wonderful,"

Y/n took a deep breath. She has to say it. She has to tell him the truth. The urge was burning the back of her throat, yearning to spill out.

"Paul..,"

"Yes, Y/n?"

"It's you,"

"Me?"

Y/n turned sideways on the bench so she could face Paul's doe eyes, "It's always been you. You're the guy I've fallen in love with."

Silence. Utter silence. Paul didn't know how to respond. He's in love with this girl, so much so his happiness from the confession stunned him, causing nothing but trouble.

The next thing he knew, Y/n shoved his leather jacket into his arms before walking off back to her house. It was clear to see, even in the dead of night, that Paul's late reaction, stung Y/n to the core.

"Fuck," Paul cursed, realizing what he had done. Or should I say, hadn't done.

Paul sprung to action, bottling off the bench. His black boots bounded heavily against the sidewalk, spooking the dejected girl ahead of him. Y/n looked over her shoulder in shock as Paul leaped towards her at full speed.

Two arms twirled Y/n around into the chest of her fancy. Speaking of her fancy, Paul planned at that second to show Y/n all the feelings he's been feeling since middle school.

Paul crashed his lips against Y/n's. He shuddered from the thrilling happiness that shot through his veins. It's everything and more than he hoped for.

Y/n froze, confusion twisting about in her mind. Paul pulled away, breathing heavily. His hands were tangled in Y/n's hair. He's always wanted to be able to play with her hair. Now that he is, everything feels in place.

"This is yours," Paul breathes out, wrapping
Y/n in his leather jacket. "This is yours too," he says, pointing to himself, "It always has been and always will."

It felt stupid, but a tear escaped from Y/n's right eye, cascading down her cheek. She didn't want to have Paul see her cry and get the wrong idea, so she nuzzled her head into his chest. The embrace was tight and meaningful.

Paul kissed his love's forehead and whispered into her hair, "I love you."

"I love you too, Paulie," Y/n giggled through her choked tears.

Paul knew that she was crying, but to save her from embarrassment, he didn't mention it. The moment was too precious to ruin.

"Since I'm yours, it's only right that you're mine," He coos, cupping Y/n's face.

"I'm yours, Paul, all yours," Y/n whispered, bringing her lips up to Paul's.

This kiss was much more electrifying than the last. Then the next kiss after that will be even more amazing. And then the one after that and so on, for Paul and Y/n's love will only grow as they spend more time together.
-
Request are still open!