Chapter 26

A little while later I got up and saw a new message on my phone.

Hey, its Kyle.

Hey Kyle! I miss you : (

I miss you too Tiger ; )

WYD?

Nothin You?

There's a party tonight. I know you don't go out as much, but you'll be with me

It sounds fun

Seriously?

Yea lol I don't wanna be home lol

I get that, I can pick you up in an hour?

Sounds good, I cant wait

I get up with excitement and get in the shower and then get dressed. I decide to dress more lowkey since its Kyle and I'm lazy. I put my hair half up and curl the bottom, my outfit is black skinny jeans and a Halestorm T-shirt. I do some homework while I wait since I want to graduate and leave this shit place.

Here.

Okay Ill be down in a second.

I put on my shoes grab my phone and keys and quietly exit the front door locking it behind me.

I see Kyles' red pick up Truck and knock on the window. He wasn't paying attention so he screamed making me laugh. The door clicks and I let myself in.

"Jesus Christ! You scarred me girl!"

"I figured you would be more aware of your surroundings!"

"Nah Tiger girl."

We laughed it off and he started the car to wherever we were supposed to go.

"So, how you been, Tiger?"

I shrug not saying anything. He doesn't say anything until we get to a red light and he looks at me. "Please Spencer, please let me in."

I let out a sigh, "I don't know what you want me to say, I don't know what there is to be said."

"We used to be so close. You, me, and Fallon."

"I know Kyle, I'm sorry, I just couldn't do it anymore it was so so painful it became too much, all of it."

"So you just casted me aside like I was nothing? Like we didn't grow up with each other? Like we all weren't the best of friends? The trio? Huh? Your still close to Fallon and I technically knew you longer! She tried to keep up with me but without you it just wasn't the same. You guys ditched me, you know how that makes me feel?! I don't even know what happened and if you ever cared about me then give me an explanation please."

What he was saying made sense, when I moved to this town at five years old Kyle lived down the road, it wasn't until the first day of kindergarten when me and him met Fallon and we all became friends.

The light turned green and he drove in silence muttering 'unbelievable' under his breath.

Once I gathered my thoughts I spoke up, "There was for of us."

Kyle furrowed his eyebrows, "Huh?"

"Four. You, me, Fallon, and Luke. You didn't say Luke."

He gasped, "Spencer.... I- I'm so sorry, I just-"

"It's Okay. I haven't even uttered his name in over a year. But there were four of us, even though he was five years younger than us he was apart of the group too. He was my brother Kyle. And then—and then he was no longer here. And every time I saw you I saw Luke, you too were so alike, we always called him mini Kyle. I couldn't deal with it Bear. I really really couldn't and I'm sorry I am but it hurts so much."