Chapter 20

Through the car ride we didn't talk much, both in our own little world. I wonder what he is thinking. As for me I'm thinking of this foreign feeling bubbling in my stomach. Happiness. It's something I have not felt in a very long time, not since my whole world changed in a singular instant. But right now, I feel happy sitting in this car with Tyler. Who knew in less than a month (really only a few weeks) this boy would come in and turn my world upside down? I think about my mom, how she wasn't always like this, at least not this bad, I think of all the shitty things that life has thrown at me and how miserable I have felt for years. But if it has led me to Tyler then maybe, just maybe it will be worth it.

"What you thinkin about Spencer?"

God even how he says my name is hot.

"Nothing" I say with a blush.

He smirks, why I don't know but I hope to God he can't read my mind, "I know you be thinkin bout something, your nose scrunches up when you're in deep thought. Its fuckin distracting."

I furrow my eyebrows feeling slighted, "Oh well sorry I'm so distracting for you." I fold my arms across my chest.

"Nah Angel, you got it all wrong. Its fuckin adorable. Lose my focus and can't think of anything else but kissin the shit outa you."

My eyebrows shoot up so fast. How the hell am I supposed to respond to that???! I deep red blush spreads across my cheeks and neck as I start to talk to myself.

Tyler looks over at me and chuckles making me blush farther as I hear him mutter something that sounds like 'fucking adorable' once again. He then brings his right hand up towards me with his fingers splayed out.

"Hold this." He says.

I furrow my eyebrows confused. "Hold what?" I ask.

He simply scoffs still holding his hand out to me. "This!" He exclaims shaking his open palm towards me.

"Nothing is in there?! What am I holding?!" I exclaim confused and exasperated.

Tyler rolls his eyes at mee in disbelief and simply holds his hand out. Not wanting to make him angry I simply place my hand is his still not knowing if this is what he wants. It wasn't until a second later when I feel him lace our fingers together that the realization hits me. OH! He lays our arms across the center and rubs my hand with his thumb. His eyes are laser focused to the road and his jaw is clenched tightly. I know he is purposefully not trying to look at me for whatever strange reason, but I can't stop starring at him. When he squeezes my hand ever so slightly hot electricity shoots up my arm. Gosh I can get used to this.

Tyler puts on his turn signal and turns off to a pretty hiking trail that looks picturesque.

Getting out I'm in awe at the beauty that surrounds us. There are huge sixty-foot trees under a bright blue sky with white clouds floating above. I take in the scenery and the feelings tied to them. I feel so delighted and calm in this moment. Tyler gets out of the car and I run into his arms in a big bear hug. He lets out a grunt but then wraps his arms around me waist. I inhale his cologne and feel dizzy. He sets me down and I almost forget how to even use my own legs to stand. Getting my footing right I watch him close the car up in what has to be the most alluring way possible. How does he even do that? Turning to me I see his bright blue eyes twinkling down at me.

"Come on angel, we are not done."

He led me through a small trail that was isolated.

"Is this where you kill me now?"