Chapter 10

While Dr. Brisbaine and Professor Utonium were making the arrangements for the girls, Dexter was slipping into the Men in Black's headquarters, into their catacombs. Behind him followed a scientist named Dr. Fromm, who worked under Dr. Brisbaine and was sworn to secrecy. Dr. Fromm's real name was Richard Fromm, a scientific prodigy much like Dexter, only Dr. Fromm was thirteen.

Dexter knew where the Rowdyruff Boys were; Dr. Brisbaine made him promise not to show the Powerpuff Girls. He opened the basement door and climbed down into the dark underground room, flicking the light switch at the base in random intervals. From just past their feet, a concealed trapdoor sprung open, revealing a metal staircase that led still even lower.

He descended the steps, and came to a large steel door with the frame marked in black-and-yellow stripes. A keypad was set in the wall beside it, and flashed with a set of green fluorescent numbers on a screen.

Dr. Brisbaine hadn't shown him the password, but Dexter removed a small item from his lab coat pocket and attached it to the keypad, which cracked its code easily.

Slowly, Dexter pushed open the door, and behind him, he heard Dr. Fromm gasp.

There, the Rowdyruff Boys were contained in color-coded tubes of metal and glass, floating in clear liquid, suspended in eternity as lifeless corpses. Remarkably enough, all the boys' injuries were healed thanks to the liquid they were in. If Dexter hadn't known better, he'd have thought they were asleep.

But this was no time to marvel. Forcing himself to focus, Dexter walked to the large computer and started typing out a code that ought to free them.

Within seconds, the chambers beeped and the liquid drained, dropping the brothers. Dexter hurried to the chambers with Dr. Fromm at his heels.

With the scientist's help, they moved the Rowdyruff Boys to the van Dr. Fromm had prepared outside the lab, along with a driver bound by an oath of silence. Then they went for Megaville Elementary.

That was the easier part. The school was desolate at this time, so it provided no challenge to move them a secluded chamber of his laboratory.

"Thank you, Dr. Fromm," Dexter said, looking through a glass at the three Rowdyruff Boys. Again, he was surprised how they could seem so peaceful, lying on the padded tables.

"You're welcome, Dexter," Dr. Fromm replied, also gazing through the glass. "But are you sure you'd like to do this?"

"It's the only way Dr. Fromm. If we don't bring the Rowdyruff Boys back, we're going to lose the Powerpuff Girls."

"But Dexter, what if the Rowdyruff Boys are just meant to be dead? You remember what happened with DeeDee."

"Don't you compare this to DeeDee!" Dexter burst out, shocking Dr. Fromm. As if realizing his outcry, he coughed and tried again. "Don't compare it with DeeDee. This is different." He looked seriously at the scientist in front of him. "Dr. Fromm, I didn't want to alarm you but Bubbles tried to kill herself today."

"What?!"

"She did. She tried to kill herself because she feels guilty for the Rowdyruff Boys' deaths. Because the Rowdyruff Boys died for them. Don't you get it now why I'm trying to bring the Rowdyruff Boys back?"

"I do," Dr. Fromm said gravely. The thirteen-year-old scientist had a crush on Bubbles for the longest time, as he himself had been from Townsville as well but never had the nerve to tell her how he felt. Dexter knew about this and he knew exactly how to exploit Dr. Fromm's weakness. It wasn't what he would've preferred, but he needed Dr. Fromm's cooperation.

"So will you help me or not?" Dexter pressed.

"I would never let Bubbles die," Dr. Fromm responded. 

================================================================================

Okay, so I know this is short, but I will add another chapter today, so that I can make up for it. Dr. Fromm is just an OC I put in to help me out with this story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BTW, don't forget the warning: if suicide and self-harm is a touchy subject for you or you're not of age, then stop reading right now. (I_I)

Dexter know it's wrong to use Dr. Fromm's feelings for Bubbles, but he knew when something was just barely salvageable. It wasn't ideal, but if the professors weren't going to do anything, then he had to.

 Anyways, so here are the usual links:

My blog:

blackandwhitepersona.wixsite.com/penandink

My DeviantArt:

deviantart.com/bwpersona

Also, I know change is slow, but I'm going to try.

- BlackAndWhitePersona