Chapter 12

"Bubbles, what're you looking at?" Bubbles and her friends were only walking past Roseford Recreational Park, but Bubbles stopped to look into the playground.

"Can we stop by here?" she asked her friends.

"You sure?" one girl asked. "I have a ton of homework to do."

"Yeah, so do I."

"You guys can go then," Bubbles told them. "I'll be fine here."

"Is that even okay?" questioned another girl. "I mean, there'll be a lot of creeps out here and—"

"I'll be fine; I promise."

"Your house is pretty far from here you know," chimed in yet another. "And it's getting kind of late."

"I promise, I'll be fine." Bubbles sent them a reassuring bright smile. "Go on."

After a moment of hesitance, they gave in, and bade her goodbye as they went off. Bubbles took a deep breath and strode into the park. Walking through the playground, she moved her hand over the handles of the seesaw, the frames of the slide ladder, and finally the chains of the swings.

She moved around and took a seat in one of the cobalt blue swings, swinging slightly back and forth. Then she unzipped her bag.

Boomer Brisbaine was bypassing a large group of girls when one exclaimed, "Hey." He wouldn't have taken heed of this if she didn't add, "You're Boomer Brisbaine, aren't you?"

Almost instantly, he whirled about and grasped her arm. "How do you know my name? Do you know Bubbles?"

"O-Of course I do," she stammered, startled at his sudden contact.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"She wanted to stay at the playground we passed—"

"I said where!" His grip tightened on her arm until she felt sure that he'd break it.

"Ow! You're hurting me!"

"Tell me where she is! Now!"

"Roseford Recreational Park!"

He let go of her arm and patted the area where he grasped her. "Thank you. And I'm sorry about that. I'm just in a seriously big hurry." Then he sped off, with the other girls watching him leave.

"He is so cute," one girl whispered.

"I know," another squealed and they all giggled excitedly.

At Boomer's fast pace, a large sign blurred past, and he was forced to turn back for a glimpse of the sign again.

ROSEFORD RECREATIONAL PARK

Then he continued on his way, passing something that seemed to be multicolored. He turned back and looked.

It was a playground, with brightly-colored equipment consisting of two slides, a merry-go-round, a seesaw, and a swing set with one occupant in it. He didn't need to wonder very long who the occupant was. Because of the blond pigtails, it wasn't questionable that it was Bubbles.

He was about to call out to her when he saw her remove something from her bag. She held a brush. Brushing her hair in the middle of the playground without a mirror? And her hair is fine. What is she doing?

She held one end of the brush, and grasped the other end. With one hard pull, she removed one end to reveal a wickedly lethal-looking sharp blade. Dexter's words came rushing back to him.

"They've tried to kill themselves before. They used their laser eyes to slit their wrists."

Before he could even open his mouth to talk, she pressed the blade to her wrist. Her name was on his lips when she slid the blade across. "Bubbles!!!"

He rushed into the park, pushing through bushes and shoving aside the equipment, until he made it to her. He'd made it to the swing in the time it took her to turn her head in his direction. He grabbed her bloody wrist and tightened his grip, staunching the flow of blood.

"Boomer?!"

"What do you think you're doing?!" he shouted, surprising her. "You think doing this would've helped you?! It doesn't do anything!"

Then he noticed her sleeve had fallen, showing numerous scars. A few were recent but several were old. "What have you been doing to yourself?!"

It stunned her, hearing this. She'd never heard or seen Boomer so angry before. He shook his head and let go of her wrist, picking her up. "Hold on, okay Bubbles?" he said in a gentler voice. "Just hold on."

================================================================================

Like I said, suicidal tendencies and self-harm. I'm warning you now, it's not just Bubbles, so if you don't like that kind of stuff, then turn back. ( ゚д゚)

After a year, you'd think they'd be okay. But clearly, Bubbles has shown herself not to be. If Boomer hadn't arrived then, what do you think would've happened to Bubbles then?

What do you think this spells for the rest of the Powerpuff Girls? And how do you think the rest of this story is gonna go?

My blog:

blackandwhitepersona.wixsite.com/penandink

My DeviantArt:

www.deviantart.com/bwpersona

- BlackAndWhitePersona