Chapter 2: Other Me

---

I was coughing furiously as I tried to catch my breath that was knocked out of my lungs when my body was slammed on the side of this huge crater.

I tried to stand up but failed miserably so instead I just knelt on one knee securing my balance while holding the wall of this ruins of basin as I regulated my breath. I glared at the ruby-eyed-guy.

"Get away from those kids you damn villain!" What is wrong with these people? Are they out of their minds? They're the one who tried to kill me for crying out loud! I don't even know why I'm here!

Furious I forced myself up and faced the ruby-eyed-guy deciding that having two near death experience for the day was enough.

"Damn villain?! What the hell are you talking about huh?! I haven't even laid a finger on those kids! I even asked if they were okay! I don't even know why the hell I'm here! And you guys just came out of nowhere and almost killed me! Twice! I'm sorry to break it to you but I ain't planning to die any time soon!" I screamed at him despite feeling the burn it caused in my lungs. I was just so confused and frustrated and scared and angry right now that I didn't even mind the pain it was causing me.

"Like hell I would believe you! You better thought of that before you attacked this city and took those kids as hostage you idiotic villain!" His voice lowered in volume a bit, and he was smirking now. Tell me why that action made me annoyed as hell.

"Kacchan! Be careful!" Another voice said, the owner running towards us at an incredibly inhuman speed, green lighting emitting from his body, that also matched his green hair and emerald eyes.

'Why are these people have weird looking abilities, this green-haired-boy seems to have an inhuman speed and this ruby eyed guy is like literally a human rocket.'

"Shut up nerd! Mind your damn business this filthy excuse for a human is mine." He growled at me while sending gaze daggers towards me. My eyes twitched at what he said. What did he just call me? Filthy.Excuse.For.A.Human?

That was it. I snapped right there, right at that moment.

"Excuse me?! Have you used those firecracker power of yours too much that it has fried your brain completely you foul defect of a damn human rocket!" I retorted back at him, my rage was already far beyond I just wanna walk up to him and just punch him in the face.

"What did you just say?! I'll kill you." His voice got dangerously low at that last statement and his smirk was gone too.

I caught his eyes again and a chill went up my spine as he held my gaze. I even almost lost all of my pent up rage and confidence right under his gaze but I didn't dare let it waver me and instead I also stared right back at him with the same intensity. 

His looked was like a feral predator, ready to pounce anytime soon and devour his prey.

The gazing contest didn't last long though, when I suddenly broke our stare squinting my eyes shut and flinched from the sudden throbbing pain that reached my head. I backed away ever so slightly and held my head with my other free arm as the other was securing my balance in the wall of this basin.

"What! Where'd all those confidence go huh?!" The ash-blonde screamed again and shot back at me. But as much as I wanted to retort back I couldn't talk anymore, my throat was like sand paper and my lungs were literally burning from all those screaming that I did a while ago.

A warm liquid trickled down my forehead sliding down at side of my face to my cheeks and down to my neck. I touched the substance on my right temple to check what it was and my eyes widened at the sight of blood.