5 - Where is She?

The Forest

Since I couldn't find a single shelter, I decided to look for food. I carried all my stuff with me since I can't risk them being taken by some monkey or something (who knows? they might be waiting patiently in the dark). I decided I'll start my journey right after I store some supplies. And then I'll rest whenever I feel tired.

I never knew I was good at climbing trees. Every now and then I'll find fruits on top of a tree and I'll climb it to take some of them and store it in my bag. Half the time they were rotten or some thing else. I had an idea. If I can't find shelter during the night, I'll climb some tree and sleep there. But there's a problem to every great solution. How will I light a fire to chase the wild animals? Remember, wood is flammable and I'll burn to ashes.

I think of those problems later.

My next step is to find water. I already have some water in my water bottle (thank god I didn't drink much water at school). But I'm sure I'll need more. I also have to clean these fruits. I'm sure there is some kind of water source nearby because why will animals live away from water if they ever find a source, there are many animals around here. So I decided to follow a deer and see where it goes.

I waited and waited. It stayed there. Then it sensed my presence and ran real fast. Way to go, Debbie. Then I started wandering in hope of finding water.

After no luck I returned to the open clearing. After some more wandering I found a water hole. There were some animals drinking from the water hole on the other side. I put my hand into it. It was cold. It was crystal clear. I found clean water. I even smelled it in attempt to find some kind of foul in it. I don't know but I thought that it could be sewage water with some kind of transparent food colouring (not that it is invented, but I couldn't help it)

It was smelled like your average water - nothing. I was happy. I stored some of it in my half empty bottle and washed the fruits in it.

I was all set.

Then came the much awaited question - where will I go?

I know I'm supposed to go to the boundary but at what direction? It should be easy to navigate. I thought of making a compass from the scratch to navigate. But then I thought whether I should take all the hard work when you have the sun. I picked east. Since I could just look at the sun and figure it out.

I didn't care about the time it will take for me to reach the border because I had a lot of time to kill. It was weekend anyways. Let this be either considers as a little solo trip during the weekend or the last trip of my life. I could go with both. Talking like that made me think how normal death is to me. I don't care if I'm going to live. I don't care if I'm going to die.

I started off. One of my criteria is that I should try my best not to disturb any animal. The good thing about travelling through open grounds is that no animals prefer coming here as it makes them a easy prey. I think that applies to me too, but I don't think the predators will prefer me. They would rather eat a rat than eating me. I'm that skinny and I don't think they can handle a screaming and jumping prey.

But I need to have some extra precaution in case some idiot thinks I am their average prey. So I decide to take some branches with me and when it's night time, I'll burn it. It will not only keep the wild animals away but it will also give me light. As for mornings, I don't think they are dum enough to hunt during day (I have no clue why).

So I found some branches and dried them (other wise it will contain water and hence will be harder to burn).

I wanted to test if I can create a fire I took two stones and tried to make a fire. It didn't work even after a long shot. So I tried changing the stones. After a year of trying it worked. Like a perfect fire (BTW, that was sarcasm, barely a spark was produced). I kept both the stones with me for further use and set out to the east direction. It was about afternoon so I started off in the opposite direction of the sun.