Epilogue

And... the END

One day (about 3 days later), when mom had gone out and I was lazing and relaxing in the house alone with Malcolm, there was this heavy knock at the door. And there was a crash as our shoe rack fell down. It was by mistake, I could tell that because I'm so used to it.

Then a thick voice called "anybody home?" It was very gruff. Malcolm and I shared uncertain glances at each other. But I went and opened the door nevertheless. It was a huge man. No wait. He was huge because of the many layers of clothes he was wearing. He had a thick beard and the look of a traveler who's gone on a very long hiking trip.

And you won't believe it- he let himself in as if he lived there. Pluto got out of his box and started sniffing him

"hem-hem" I asked.

He turned to me and his eyes got wide.

"Debbie! is that you? You've grown so big" he said with a tone of surprise.

At that moment, I knew exactly who he was.

"DAD!?!"

Malcolm jumped out of the couch of surprise.

"Where were you all this while?" I nearly whispered, with my throat gone real dry.

"Oh..." he starred apologetically around the room.

" see, I was trying to go on a solo trip to the alps but I took the wrong bus and I mistook my bag with someone else's and ended up going to china and I thought I was in the alps till they offered me some weird dish that I rather not mention. And then I tried crossing the international border because I lost everything and my navigation senses were awful and I thought I was heading for the sea when I went more inside the mountains and spend some time wondering how I got into a yeti's cave and............"

When he ended his really long tale, it made perfect sense. My mom called my father's daughter because of the extreme clumsiness. Then he just sat on the couch with a deep heavy breath and started removing his many layers of jackets and clothing.

But there was one thing that was very disturbing.

Malcolm suddenly broke off his shock and said in a little amusing way. I could imagine him grinning from the inside. "so you got into all this trouble because you were clumsy not to notice the bus?"

No wonder my mom always said I was like dad.

He took the wrong bus.

Cue the extreme awkward catching up for the next few hours or a very clumsy household for the rest or her life.

Just kidding. Or not.