6 - Pluto-nium

Chapter-6

The Forest (inside)

I woke up in the morning to a squirrel who was trying to build storage by my side and in my bag. I shooed it. But I felt sad for it. It was just trying to build his house.

My body was feeling sore. But I can't help, it can I? I first made sure that the ground is clear of thugs and then got down the tree. I nearly broke my leg.

I looked around. I had nothing to do now.

Something clicked in my brain. How about I just simply walk around the border and explore. Anyways I have a small chance that I will have to live here like Robinson Crusoe (that dude got stuck on a deserted island because of a shipwreck and he started a new life there. not forever, though). But I also had to make sure that thugs don't find me so I'm going to walk with a little distance from the net and stay between the trees to camouflage.

I set out for the net. I remember that I had to go deep into the forest and I'll get there. I set out.

On the way I started thinking about this question that had been nagging my brain from the morning.

Why am I not killing myself?

I'm serious about it. I have a mafia after me and he's surely going to kill me. The chances of getting out of this place alive are real slim. Like a 1% or something.

But, what after that? Will anyone even believe my story? They'll probably just ignore me and then stop trusting me. My mom will first screw me and get disgusted on my lame story. If I tell this to Wanda, she'll appreciate my imagination and then just break off because she'll think I'm making some kind of lame excuse for not coming on the outing. I mean who's going to believe that a mafia kidnapped me and I survived a night in a forest? What will I tell the forest authorities if I ever come across them? So my life's not going to get better even if I escape my fate.

But why am I doing this?

Maybe because I already figured that I'm going to die and I decided to have some fun with the remaining time. By fun I mean having a last adventure.

I'll make it so hard for those stupid thugs to find me. I'll also put clues along the way so that when they are about to give up, they'll know I am alive. And those stupids have to search so hard because otherwise the Lord will kill them. And as a proof, I'll drop a book down the net so that in case some wanderer finds it, he will have the proof of the mafia and my death and then the mafia will be caught and my death will be justified. Mwahaha.

I have these fantasies all the time. Please don't mind me.

But it will be fun or death, wandering around and exploring the forest. Not many humans can come here. Then I can test if I can actually survive in the forest alone. I think that'll be a big no. I can't stand not talking to a person. I might be an introvert but even I have to open my mouth sometimes and let my feelings out. It is awfully lonely here because these animals can't talk. Everyone who knows me knows that I can't stand silence.

Sigh. All this silence is killing me.

The Sanctuary (Office)

The air was serious in the hall.

"Are you sure you have seen her things and are not hallucinating?" an officer asked Wanda.

"We saw it our self "said Zoe.

"it was her things. I got her the pouch. And I had also borrowed her books one day. I know them when I see them." Wanda said.

"Hmm. this will be some news." the officer said before taking out his phone and calling the police headquarters.