3. But Minerva said...

three months later

3rd person POV.

Hermione, Luna and Ginny tried to pick up there lives, Hermione and Ginny started working for the ministry, Hermione for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, to try to give S.P.E.W  a new life, Ginny for the Department of Magical Games and Sports and Luna started working for the Quibbler just like her father. They tried to forget everything with no succes, they kepped thinking of the deaths of there loved ones, so they decided to, once a week, go to one and others house to keep each other company. They kepped this up for three months until now. It is Friday and that's the day they always come together, Luna and Hermione go to Ginny's house, The burrow. She coudn't handle to live on her own because she's not used to be alone all the time.

"I need something to clear off my mind otherwise I think I will begin to be crazy", said Ginny with a desperate voice. 

"I just miss him and our friends to much." Hermione and Luna nodded in agreement. "We could ask professor McGonagall if she needs help with restoring Hogwarts, Luna suggested, I mean the rebuilding of the school has just been started, so maybe they can use some help?".  

And so they went to Hogwarts to ask professor McGonacall if they could help. Little did they know Minerva already knew they would come. "Hello professor McGonagall, how are you?" asked Hermione. "Good dear, good but you're not in classes anymore so it's Minerva", she said with a small smile. "What is it?" "Well, we where wondering if we could help with the reconstruction of Hogwarts?" Minerva looked at the three girls with a smile, "Ofcourse you may, we could use all help we can get." Luna, Ginny and Hermione looked at each other, relieved that they could help. "Great, where do we start?", asked Ginny with a new found energy in her eyes. Minerva pretended to think deeply. "Well you could start with the dungeons, I don't even know if there is much damage, but maybe you could make it a bit more...cheerful... Oh and look out, because there are a lot of rooms there hasn't been someone for years." "Ok Minerva, when we come back, you won't even recognise them", said Hermione with a bright smile. "O come here you three". Minerva gave them a deep hug, like if it was a goodbye, but they still gave in and hugged back because it felt really nice and they felt like they needed it. 

Minerva tried to fight back a tear from falling until the three of them left. "My little cub and her friends need a re-start and there is only one way how, I don't have a choice", said Minerva to Dumbledore's portrait. Dumbledore gave her an encouraging smile and responded, "It's probably for the best, don't forget it was your idea". "You're right, it will do them good, I have given Hermione a bag with a Undetectable Extension Charm with a letter in it to explain everything. I hope they will forgive me and that they can contact me after it happened. I'm gonna miss those three."

Meanwhile in the dungeon

"Minerva was right, there isn't much damage in here", said Luna while looking around. Hermione shivered,"yes but it's cold here and you can see there has been fought out here, so let's get to work". Ginny kicked a stone away, "seriously how can the slytherin's live out here, and look over there!, that must be the place mr. Filch locked the slytherin's after Minerva told him to. Look at all this damage, like it's bombed". Ginny, Luna and Hermione repared the place in a couple of minutes before they walked further and deeper into the dungeon to search for more things that needs to be fixed. 

And so it went on, sometimes they stopped to repare something and soon they found themselves deep down in the dungeons. "I dont think there has been fought out here, look at this amount of dust on the floor, do you think Minerva meant this when she warned us to look out?", Luna asked. "I guess you're right Luna but I'm quite curious what's out here, I mean, she didn't said it's forbidden to come here", said Hermione with a mischievous smile on her face. They all agreed to this and walked further and further while sometimes looking into one of the many chambers. 

After what seemed like hours of walking, which probably was only half an hour, Ginny became iritated "ugh, this is boring, the only thing we see in these chambers are dust, dust and dust and I don't even know where we are, shoudn't we go search te way back?" "Ahh, please, just a little further, maybe the Nargles live here", said Luna with enthusiasm. Ginny and Hermione looked at each other and shook there heads while Luna wasn't looking, but still kepped walking.

A couple of minutes later they were standing in front of an death end. "Come on, we've reached the end, let's go back", said Ginny. They turned around but stopped immediatly, they heard the voices of Harry, Ron and Neville and they seemed to call them but they coudn't understand it so they turned around slowly, scared of what they where about to see, but when they turned around there only was a door that wasn't  there before. "That..That...door wasn't there before", said Hermione. "No indeed, should we take a look?" said Ginny really curious. Luna agreed. "Yeah, it does not do any harm if we just take a look." "But Minerva said we should look out, who knows what's behind this door, it could be dangerous." Ginny sighed. "Oh Hermione, just relax. Remember that we weren't the ones who were on the run with 2 others for almost a year as they searched for Horcruxes." You're right, I must not whine so much, I mean what could happen, it's not as if Voldemort's twin is behind this door" she joked. "Okay, let's go." said Luna full with excitement. 

Ginny was the first to walk carefully to the door, she looked back and saw that Hermione and Luna were right behind her so she opened the door a little. "There is nothing here, it looks like some kind of portal, let's go back and tell..." she coudn't finish her sentence because she was sucked into the portal. "Ginny!" shouted Hermione and Luna. "Come on, who knows where the portal leads her, we can't just let her go on her own!" Luna nodded in agreement and Hermione walked into the portal with Luna right behind her.

Hello everyone and thanks again for reading my fanfiction, I hope you like it so far and please, pass on any tips or spelling mistakes. Have fun reading the upcoming chapters :)