5. The company of Thorin Oakenshield

(A/N: I'm sorry again, I think I swapped the order of events in the film a bit to make it more accurate, I hope you can forgive me.)

Ginny's POV.

Radagast has given me a bed to sleep in for this night. He's a very kind man, a bit weird, but he reminds me a bit of Luna, kind, open minded, sometimes weird but in a pleasant way, yes he's a good companion to be stuck with. "Lady Ginny, dinner is ready, do you want some?" I was kinda curious about what they eat in Middle-Earth and to be honest, I was quite hungry, so I went outside where stood a small stable. With all kinds of food I've never seen in my whole life. "I don't think you know what we eat out here, that's why I prepared more types of food so you can try them out." I looked at it suspiciously, but on the other hand I was eager to see how it would taste. 

After I tried lot's of food, I just couldn't believe what I was eating, "This is so good, how do we not have this?" Radagast chuckled. "Don't get used to it. When you're on a journey you don't have this, I was planning to go tomorrow morning around 8, is that okay with you? I nodded. "Very well, off to bed, you need to get up early and a good night of sleep will do you good." 

I went upstairs and lay down on the bed he made for me, while I was laying on the bed my thoughts brought me to Hermione and Luna, where are they? After a few minutes of pondering I fell asleep. 

Luna's POV.

It is weird, first a door appears out of nowhere and Ginny being reckless fell through, second we jumped after her and ended up in an completely different world called Middle-Earth and thirdly we have no idea where Ginny is and are now following a strange wizard called Gandalf to a company of dwarves. "My ladies, we are almost at the place I left the dwarves, I think it's for the best if you wait out here for a moment, dwarfs can be quite moody and don't really like strangers." After he said that he walked away. I sat down and Hermione followed. "What a day, don't you think?" I said, "Do you think there are Nargles here?" Hermione chuckled. "Maybe Luna, maybe." she paused. "What do you think the dwarves are like?" I thought deeply but I really had no idea. "I don't know, Gandalf also said something about Hobbits, do you know what they are?" Hermione shook her head. "Never heard of them." 

Then there was silence, both me and Hermione where in their own thoughts until after half an hour we heard screaming. I looked at Hermione who was already looking at me. "I can't just sit here. Let's find out where the screaming came from." She said. And so I followed Hermione, wand at the ready. "Do you think it where the dwarves?" I asked. "I don't know, but we need to be careful, like Gandalf said." In silence we walked further until we saw them. three large, trolls or something where sitting by a fire. I looked closely and saw that above the fire hung a spit with around seven little men on it. I looked around around and on the ground nearby I saw six more. I looked at Hermione. "These must be the dwarves Gandalf told us about." I whispered. "Should we help them, I mean, we can't just let them be eaten by those trolls." Hermione nodded. "Okay, but stay in the shadows, don't let yourself see, Gandalf said he needed to introduce us." I agreed and in silence I looked for a good hiding place, one where I couldn't be seen but still fire spells. 

I looked at Hermione for the signal. She nodded and after I thought of a good spell to use, I fired. "Diffindo" the ropes of the dwarves on the spit sliced open. The dwarves looked around to look for there saviour, but failed. I saw that Hermione had freed the other dwarves. So we turned to the now arguing trolls, but I had no idea how we could take them down, we don't have this kind of trolls in our world. But before me and Hermione could do anything, Gandalf appeard on a rock before us. "The dawn will take you all!" And then struck his staff against the rock, which suddenly split in two and let the light of the rising sun shine through. Almost immediately the trolls turned into stone. And a odd looking dwarf who was trying to reason with the trolls, looked confused about how he did it. Once Gandalf was standing on the ground amongst the dwarves, I saw a dwarf, who I assumed was the leader, approaching him. "Where did you go to if I may ask?" Gandalf looked at him. "To look ahead" He answered simply. "What brought you back?" The dwarf asked. "You came behind." The dwarf grinned. "And I found two women. I want to have them in the company, they can be of good use." I saw the dwarves smiling face immediately go down. "And why would I want two women in my company?" Gandalf sighed. "Maybe you didn't know, but they saved you and your company from the ropes and sacks." The unknown dwarves eyes widened. "That's impossible, we didn't saw them cut the ropes and sacks." Gandalf became impatient. "Lady Hermione and Lady Luna you can come out now." 

I looked at Hermione and together we walked out of the forest. Every dwarf who had not listened to the conversation between Gandalf and the leader of the dwarves now turned around as well and looked at us. "Ladies, may I introduce you to the company of Thorin Oakenshield." He pointed at everyone while saying their names, "This is Ori, Nori and Dori, Bifur, Bombur and bofur, oín and glóin, Balin and Dwalin, Fili and Kili." Then he pointed at the odd looking dwarf, "This is Bilbo and this," he pointed at the leader, "Is Thorin." It were a lot of names that were very similar to each other and I was very sure that I would forget some of them. I looked at every dwarf and saw them beginning to look uncomfortable, so I decided to break the silence. "I think it's only fair that we say our names now, right?.... Well this is Hermione Granger and I am Luna Lovegood, nice to meet you all." I looked at Gandalf who smiled, then I looked at Thorin but he didn't looked so pleased that we would join the company. After we introduced ourselves, I saw a couple of dwarves smiling at us, I think it were Balin, Bombur, Fili and Kili. At least some of them welcomed us. 

Ginny's POV.

I woke up to a rumble from downstairs, what in the name of Merlin was he doing? So I went downstairs to have a look myself. "Radagast what's....." I walked into the living room and the only thing I saw where sick animals everywhere and a hectic working wizard looking for a solution. I didn't know what to do so I just made sure I didn't get in the way. He tried lot's of potions and some kind of flute. "I don't understand, why is it not working?" he said after what seemed like he tried the last thing he could. I thought now was the time to show myself "What's going on Radagast?" He looked up. "Some kind of sickness, I do not know why my potions and spells don't work. It is not like it is witchcraft..." he looked wide eyed, "But it is... Dark, powerful, magic." 

First I thought that he suspected me, but he didn't turn to me but to the window so I looked to. I coudn't believe what I saw, giant spiders, like the one we had in the war, memories flooded back to me. It looked like the spiders surrounded the house. "Radagast, what is this?" Like if he didn't heard me, he placed something against the door and looked at the hedgehog who just took his last breathe. He almost ran to his staff and pulled out a blue stone or something like that, he sat down and muttered something I didn't understand. A dark liquid flowed from the hedgehog into the stone and Radagast seemed to be in some kind of trance. "Radagast! Radagast! Answer me." I shook him but he didn't respond. What is happening to him? Suddenly the Hedgehog woke. Whait, What?, I thought he was dead. Thankfully, Radagast also came out of his trance. He quickly ran outside of the house and I went after him. I just saw the giant spiders in the distance running away. "Where do these foul creatures come from?" I heard him say. Suddenly a bird began talking to him and he just nodded with shock in his eyes. "Lady Ginny, we need to go, now!" He led me to his sled which was pulled by, "Giant rabbits?", I asked. "No, my dear, these are rhosgobel rabbits, the fastest you've probably ever seen. Now, jump on, we need to follow that bird." 

I hopped on and we chased after the bird until, after around two minutes, Radagast let the rabbits stop. "Radagast what is that?" I pointed at the old ruin before us. "That, my dear, is Dol Guldur. You wait here, I'm only going to take a look." I shook my head, "You are not going alone, don't forget I can defend myself if I need to." Radagast sighed. "Fair enough, follow me." I followed him and slowly we made our way into the ruin. "Watch out, you don't know what kind of danger is lurking here." And so I walked further into the ruin, wand at the ready. 

"Lady Ginny, watch out!" I looked above me and some kind of ghost tried to attack me. "Protego!" I shouted, so that the sword did not hit me. But before I could cast some attacking spells, Radagast knocked him down and only his sword was left. "Radagast, what's the meaning of this?" But before he could answer a shadow appeard in the distance, he quickly turned around. "Run!" he didn't need to say that twice. I think I've never run this fast in my whole life. I jumped on the sled, a few seconds later Radagast followed and the rabbits started running away as fast as possible. "That was a nice spell Lady Ginny, maybe you can teach me some of them, when this is all over." I chuckled and in silence we went further to our destination. The company of Thorin Oakenshield.