17. The battle of the five armies p.1

Hermione's POV.

"How long will it take us to arrive in Dale now that we need to be careful of an orc army?" I asked.

"We're gonna to use the shadow of the trees. They have helped us before so I am sure they won't fail us this time." Legolas answered. I nodded.

Suddenly Legolas made a sharp turn to the left. My grip on his waist tightened and I felt him stiffen but he did not mention it and entered the forest.

----------------------------

"We should camp for the night, the orcs are a couple of hours behind us." Tauriel said after an hour of riding in the forest. Legolas agreed and he jumped of the horse. I wanted to do the same when suddenly two pairs of hands gently grabbed my waist and helped me down from the horse. I looked up to see it was Legolas. I turned a bright shade of red.

"Thank you." I whispered. Legolas nodded. "I don't think it's a smart idea to start a fire. It's not a very cold night so we can manage, I guess." Legolas said. I raised an eyebrow.

Tauriel saw me and looked like she already knew what I was going to do. Legolas looked confused. I just grabbed my wand. "You and I both know it cool down later in the evening. Focillo." a gentle warmth radiated out of my wand. You could not see it, but you could immediately feel the warmth going into your body. "This charm will last for a couple of hours." Legolas and Tauriel looked a bit shocked, trying to ignore the weird feeling. I chuckled softly. Le lay down and soon I fell asleep.

3rd Person POV.

The next day.

Elves and men, united to one army. Although, most of them were elves. They stood before the gates of Erebor. The elves parted for, Thranduil, Bard, Luna and Ginny, who were on their way to the front. Thranduil on his Elk with Luna right beside him in her wolf form and Bard on his horse with beside him, Ginny in her tiger form.

All of the dwarves and Bilbo, who had gone back late in the night, stood on the balcony looking at the army.

When Thranduil, Bard, Luna and Ginny walked past the army, Thorin shot an arrow at the feet of Thranduil's elk. Bard looked shocked. Thranduil a bit amused but turned seriously immediately after Thorin said he will shoot another one between his eyes.

"Thorin fucking Oakenshield. Shut the hell up!" Ginny yelled. Ginny and Luna's animagus' forms were almost as big as Bard's horse. So they looked quite intimidating. Thorin looked at her for a moment until Thranduil spoke. "We have come tot tell you, payment of your debt has been offered. And accepted." he smirked.

"What payment?! I gave you nothing. You have nothing." Thranduils expression really said 'O really?' he looked at Bard, who pulled a gem out of his pocket. The Arkenstone to be exactly. "We have this." he said.

Thorin's eyes widened and he lowered his bow. "They have the Arkenstone." Kili said bewildered. "Thieves! The stone belongs to the king!" Bard looked at the stone and back to Thorin. "And he may have it with our goodwill." he put the stone in his pocket again. "But first, he must honor his word."

Thorin shook his head. "They are taking us for fools. This is a ruse. A filthy lie." he whispered to the dwarves. "The Arkenstone is in this mountain. It's a trick!"

"It is not a trick." a soft voice cam out from behind Bombur. "The stone is real. I gave it to them." Bilbo said slightly nervous.

Even Thranduil looked a bit worried now. Bard looked at Ginny and Luna. Everyone had the same expression on their face.

"You?" Thorin said disbelievingly. "You would steal from me?" Bilbo grew very nervous now, he shook his head while smiling awkwardly. "Steal from you? Never. I may be a burglar, but I like tot think that I'm a honest one."