♐9

🌸

When I looked over my shoulder
It got a little bit colder
It's like I lost love from an angel
And I feel like a stranger. . .
~Omarion

___________

Sandra.

Ever since Anteros mentioned the possibility of her being my Óshún, last night, her name hasn't left my head.

Sandra.

"Can it really be possible?" I blurt out for the hundredth time, the echoes of my voice flowing around the corner of the elegant restaurant we were currently sitting, awaiting her arrival.

"For the love of Zeus! Will you quit asking me that!" Anteros barks, his eyes sparkling with frustration.

If there is anything my brother hates, then that thing must surely be doubt. Especially, one directed towards him.

"I just - I just didn't feel anything when I was around her." I try to explain to him.

"Didn't you feel anything when your eyes met?" Anteros questions, shaking his head in disappointment.

Last night at the reception desk, I felt nothing. Unless I count the natural divine aura of the hotel itself and even that can be as a result of previous visits by other gods.

"I believe there is more to this girl and I can bet my godliness on it. Just wait until she arrives." He raises the red wine we ordered to his lips and takes a little sip, "by the way, humans make the worst of wines," he says scrunching his face in disgust as the liquid disappears within his mouth.

I feel the air in the restaurant shift into a divine aura and I know Anteros feels it too. We both move our attention from the wine in our hands to the door where, she is making an entrance.

She wears a small golden dress that stops above her knees, showing exquisite legs that glowed under the dim light of the restaurant. Her face brightens with a soft shy smile as she sees us.

As she approaches, I notice a young man accompanying her.

Óshún or not, this Sandra girl seem smart enough to bring a friend on a date with strangers. Especially a stranger who happens to be the god of passion.

"Why are you sporting that creepy smile?" Anteros whispers to me, "we don't want the girl to run off again, do we?"

Before I can respond to his taunting, our guests arrive and he rises to welcome them, "hello goddess!" He greets, landing her a peck on each of her flushed cheeks- an act that is absolutely uncalled for- "I am so glad you came. This is my brother, Cupid," he says motioning to me.

"Excited to meet you," I say, bowing my head a little. Her eyes barely shifts to me before returning to Anteros.

Point one: No wife of mine could stare at my brother that way.

"Did you just say your brother's name is Stupid?" Her friend says, his eyes increasing in size as he gawks at me. His sharp voice completely breaking my analysis of Sandra.

It is a very rare phenomena for me to not like someone very much and whenever it does happen, it takes at least a millennia. With this male human though, I do not think such a long period of time is required for me to loathe him. To top the insult, my very own brother, cracks up in laughter!

"Uche!" Sandra whisper yells palming her small face. "I am so sorry, he didn't mean to say that," she says pleadingly to me.

"It is not his name! Ah! I am sorry," the male human says. Now his face is even carrying a hint of amusement!