👑12

. . . .

Life was stringing me alone. . .
Then you came and cut me loose. . .

~Clean Bandit
_____________

   I can't help but keep thinking about the familiarity in those golden eyes.

Where have I seen them before?

I have met a lot of people in all my short lives but I don't remember meeting him. Yet deep down I feel like, I have seen those eyes somewhere. I know that guy, but where?

The encounter with the guy refuses to leave my head, even as I resume my work in the laundry room. Like Sandra, he had the same easing blanket around him.

But I felt more.

I don't know how to explain it but right before he appeared at that door, I felt more. The symphony was almost complete, the only thing missing was — I don't know, but something was missing.

Was someone else in the room?

Or could it be— something else?

The walls around the hotel, the corridors, the elevator, they no longer remind me of Sandra's touch. Sandra's effect was like a mere wind compared to the storm I felt a moment before I opened my eyes.

Returning my attention to my work, I begin separating the clothes he gave me, so I can place them into the washing machine.

As soon as my hands touch the first piece, I feel it. A soft hum emerging from a jacket under the pile.  My heart suddenly starts racing as I reach out trembling fingers to pull the black coloured jacket. As the first of my fingers brush against the fabric, I feel a bright light flash in front of my eyes and I start seeing the strangest of image— a vision.

'There were tall beautiful green trees lining a street, making it look so captivating. The trees swayed to the rhythm of the soft wind that aerated the street. The air was so pristine.

Everything was so beautiful.

It looked like heaven. . .

There was someone on the street and he was wearing the same jacket.
I couldn't see the person's face, but I could tell it was a man. His hair, dark and sleek, was cut low.

He was holding tightly unto something— a key chain or watch chain?

I couldn't tell for all I saw was his broad shoulders and strong long legs that had a happy bounce to it as he moved effortlessly on the street.

I strained my neck to try to see his face. I tried to—'

"Shaftey!" Uche squeals, ending the vision all together.

"Huh?" I say distracted with the jacket.

Who was that guy?

"Why you dey turn neck like turkey wey dem wun kill?" He demands moving his eyes all over my body.

"Huh?" I blurt again, this time looking at him.

"What is- Huh-Huh?" He asks furrowing his brow, "shey, you are okay?"