♐15

🌸

I'll climb every mountain and
swim every ocean,
. . .just to be with you.

~Lewis Capaldi

_____________

   I feel like a train has run into me, as Óshún mentions the greenish mixture mother made her drink. Anubis' slime!

Mother why!?

That disgusting concoction has effects even on a god and worst on humans. It makes humans brain dead and closer to death than ever before.

More gratitude to Zeus for gifting my Óshún with immortality, if not I might have been too late!

I suppressing my anger by running my fingers unto her palms, the more she explains her ordeal, the more I want to punish my own mother.

"We need to take you back right now!" Anteros barks, his anger is also directed at my mother.

Óshún did not deserve all of this.

I did not deserve all of this.

"I can't go back." Her soft voice fills my ears and I look into her alluring eyes. Alarm flashes in them, and my heart begins to constrict in its encasement.

"What do you mean by that?" Anteros asks her. I just squeeze her hands even tighter, fearing the worst but hoping for the best.

What else did mother do to my wife!

"I think the concoction I consumed, cursed me," she whispers, "for some reason, I keep dying repeatedly but each time it happens I don't stay dead." I turn questioning eyes to Anteros and he does the same.

"The repeated death is due to the slime you consumed, my love," I tell her.

"And you can't stay in the underworld for too long. You are a goddess, that's why you come back." Anteros chirps in for me.

"That's the problem!" She exclaims, the confusion in her voice resurfacing, "when I die, I don't find myself in the underworld." She takes a deep breathe and returns her attention to me, "I find myself in our house. Our corridor," she tells me, her eyes begging to be believed.

"I believe you my love," I whisper reassuringly to her, pulling her closer to my aching heart.

Mother what have you done?

"Cupid, what she consumed was no ordinary Anubis' Slime," Anteros' voice rings in my head, confirming my fears. Hømi-hôku.

Óshún consumed Hømi-hôku!

This kind of slime, Hades makes it specially for rogue souls. The souls that refuse to atone for their sins in the underworld. He gives the slime to them and returns them to earth.

The slime takes away their memories, their identities and everything that makes living convenient. If such a soul dies, they get stuck in their heads and become brain dead till eternity. And Anubis —Hades loyal servant— makes sure they die. Always.