I👑14

---

Your song is on repeat and I am dancing to your heartbeat. . .

~Clean Bandit

_______________

As soon as his hands connects with my upper arm, my whole life begins to flash before my eyes and I realise one thing- I am not human.

I once was human, but it was a very long time ago. A time, before Cupid came into my life.

The images gets steadier and clearer as my body connects with his in a warm embrace. My memories fill up the emptiness within my soul answering every question I have ever had about my existence.

My focus heightens on the memories of our marriage ceremony - the day I became a goddess.

I was the prettiest and happiest of brides. My smile, brighter than the stars that illuminated the luxuriously decorated hall of Olympus.

"If you keep smiling like that, I might not wait for this proceedings to end before claiming you." I hear Cupid's husky voice in my head.

"That will be a show I wouldn't want to miss," Anteros- his brother says behind him.

Even as I watch the scene, I blush at the words. We were happy, but. . .why did I leave?

I watch as Zeus, the god of gods, bestows upon me the gift of immortality. The answer to all my insecurities.

I became a god.

The god of beauty, thanks to my physical features.

The god of love and passion, as I was now married to Cupid.

And my very own gift, the goddess of wealth.

I am still enjoying the glamour of the event in Cupid's arms, when I feel my consciousness begin to frail, like something is pulling my very soul away from my love.

No!

Not again!

No! I can't die!

I am a goddess!

My heart begins to race at an impossible speed as the panic seeps into my organs. I struggle to stay conscious but my efforts prove worthless as my world turns dark. The happy memories, long gone.

It has happened, again.

Am I dead?

The warmest of breezes laps against my skin. Welcoming me to the one place death takes me, every time. Opening my eyes, recognition of where I am brings tears to my face.

All this while, death somehow brought me home.

I am home. I and Cupid's house.

Just like, the previous times it happened, I find myself in a corridor. My own corridor.

The very one I decorated with my own hands. I allow my hands trace out the feel of the delicate silver intricate designs. The ones, I made on the bronze wall. My bronze wall.

"This is terrible, my love!" I hear the echoes of Cupid's teasing voice, in the memories of the day I crafted the hanging wools.

The first time I found myself here, I thought I was in heaven because hell couldn't possibly be this beautiful.