INTERMISSION 1

if you're here for laughs and fluff, intermissions are not for you. please read with caution. intermissions are after every 5th chapter and will contain possibly triggering to some readers.

this intermission will include:
  — depression
  — topics of suicide and self harm
  — car wreck
  — disability
  — marijuana

a summary of the plot for this intermission will be at the end of the chapter. please be safe and do not read if you are uncomfortable with the topics listed above.

coraline was sat in the furthest stall from the door. the handicapped bathroom stall brought back memories of years ago, but unlike then, this time her body was slumped against the cold linoleum floor instead of the leather seating of a wheelchair.

her legs worked, sure, but she sometimes wished they didn't again. she wished she maybe laid down on the black asphalt road instead of just sitting, so maybe the rest of her could be covered in tire tracks, not just her calves. the memories of the incident brought phantom pain into her legs, causing her to wince. she turned to her backpack and rummaged through the mess of loose papers and books. her hand landed on a glass object, a ziplock bag, and a small metal container.

she pulled them out, and with a sigh she emptied of the ziplock's contents into the metal container, and twisted the top. the flowered bud was ground into small pieces of leaves, soon to be packed into the glass pipe.

coraline brought the glass to lips, and clicked her lighter twice before a small flame danced in the stagnant air of the bathroom. she smoked, waiting for the effect to take away the pain in her legs. she shut her eyes, head and body throbbing.

time was always passing, that was common knowledge, but how fast it goes tends to vary in people's minds. an unknown amount of minutes had gone by when coraline awoke to the soft light of her phone. a text message, from an unknown number. she smiled, soft and sad, and replied. the dried tears on her cheeks didn't sting as much as she talked to the stranger.

INTERMISSION SUMMARY:
we see the events of chapter 1, where coraline is on the bathroom floor at school when she receives a text from an unknown person. we get a look into why she was there, and what her mental state is like.