Confusion Never Ends

Princess Isabelle woke up with a throbbing headache, she blinked slowly as her blurred vision started to become clearer. She got up and sat in the bed, yawning, waiting for the butler to come bursting through the door like he always did. But to her surprise, he was nowhere to be found, neither was her designer, Clara. "Where is everyone?" she asked herself while massaging what seems to be the source of the pain, trying to remember why her room felt so different, so spacious. Then the reality slowly started to sink in, the unavoidable truth hit her like a bullet to the chest coming back in flashes. Lenora and Jumanné were staying with her, yes, it was the night of the annual Masquerade ball. They all got dressed and attended the ball. Princess Jumanné followed her to the fitting room then, she did a sharp intake of breath as the last flash of memory settled in her thoughts. "Authur!", she concluded, Princess Isabelle looked around the room realizing now that it wasn't hers. The wallpapers were old and torn, the bed sheets were supposed to be white, and the overall room was filthy. "This had to be a dream, it just had to" she said, with tears of realization welling up in her eyes. She got up still trying to wake herself up from this nightmare, only to sink deeper in it when her eyes after roaming the small room landed on bars. "Actual bars!", the thought of being caged like a wild animal sent shivers down her spine. Princess Isabelle ran to the bars without thinking and it was then she realized that she was not in the outfit that she was wearing last night. Instead, she was in a pink silk night gown, she looked down on her feet to find them bare.

Princess Isabelle stood behind the bars inspecting her attire, "he removed my clothing", she thought to herself in disgust. she then heard a sharp intake of breath coming from directly in front of her, Princess Isabelle didn't want to look, her heart rate sped up and she swallowed hard. She slowly began to raise her head to where the sound came from. Princess Isabelle's stare after climbing up some one in a black night gown landed on the face of a terrified looking Jumanné. From the looks of it she too just woke up to this nightmare. Princess Isabelle stood there numbly staring into Princess Jumanné's black contacts seeing the tears flowing freely down her cheeks, she said nothing. What could she have said to make the situation better. Princess Jumanné moved closer to the bars, her feet were also bare, and her hair was down. She made direct eye contact looking into Princess Isabelle's white contacts before pulling her in for a protective hug. The walls of bravery that princess Isabelle was trying to build up broke down completely and she began to weep. The thought of not being able to see her family again slowly sunk into her mind until it took over and erased the strength from her knees. Just last night she was complaining about being in the same room as princes Mason and Maverick but right now she would choose that option over this in a heartbeat.

"We didn't even get to see Luke and Alejandro" said Princess Jumanné wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'll leave it to you to be a hopeless romantic Jum. We were rendered unconscious, kidnapped by Authur, brought to this filthy place. Only God knows where we are, and the first persons you mention are our crushes" said princess Isabelle wiping the tears from her eyes. They both laughed at the situation, " but they have no idea that we have been kidnapped" said Princess Jumanné defending her point." Actually, I beg to differ, knowing our parents within the first five minutes of not seeing us, the whole kingdom would be alerted" said Princess Isabelle laughing sadly. They looked at each other smiling before a though came to them in unison. "Clara and Lenora", "they must be worried sick, I just want to let them know that we are okay" stated princess Jumanné looking around to see if she could find anything. Her eyes after roaming the room landed on her own hands, she was wearing her bracelet, but princess Isabelle was not wearing hers. "They must have taken it", she thought, "But how could they have forgotten to take mine" she whispered to Princess Isabelle shocked. " That's not important, at least we have a means of communication, now let's use it before it's taken from us", said Princess Isabelle now hopeful. Princess Jumanné quickly powered on the bracelet wondering why it was off in the first place, after a few minutes of trying to figure out how the gadget worked she finally understood.