14: Abluvion

Out her window, fall beckoned alongside shades of summer floating a way

Out her window, fall beckoned alongside shades of summer floating a way. For a moment, Madison watched summer escape into the rolling wind with thoughts of him in her mind. They pulgeted  out, yet it felt as though it strived- intertwined in her soul.

'Memories', she whispered to herself ought not to be forgotten even the worse she begged to freed from but every turn she looked she lived through it.

It was as if july wasn't a memory anymore but a life she lived marked as a scar on her skin till eternity was to concave. She was fond of it but when the hour of summer had returned and the touch of the wind no longer honoured Autumn, living through july would be harder than it would be now.

The stepping stone she took would crumble under her feet with every passing second dragging her into the time. She had lost her world.

The harder she thought about it, the harder she realized she was embracing the mishaps in her life than embracing the life that had come after.

But what was in the life that had come after apart from Fredrick who had taken her as his wife and wedded her in tears. Day and night he charged at her with his below in hopes of forming an heir and when it seemed none was forth coming he abandoned her presence,got himself a mistress and hoped to find himself an heir.

The night she had left the grasp of his side running into July, she had seen a side of him, she hadn't seen before, a side of him  that screamed fear as he knew the messenger of death was fast approaching.

She shook her head at that thought probably he was in fright of what her death would do to him. The idea of love was a harder concept to grasp so she closed on it. Running wild on the thoughts of the moment, she had missed while asleep for months.

What sorcery must have befell her? She thought or was it just plain longing to hide from the debris July left or wanting to feel what it meant to be in the presence of Jonathan Bucklemen.

The man that hadn't left her mind moments after moments away. He sat in her headspace, crossed out of her heart but in her soul he lived.

Forgiveness had been summoned. As to say, she had forgiven him but he had  no idea.

Wherever he had gone to after he was set free he still lingered on the thought that Madison still hated him.

Precisely he was wrong. Time had thought her over the passing year that to hold unto grudge was a wound to the soul. It wouldn't heal and she needed to heal so she forgave, calmed the  loathe saturated with revenge till it was nonetity.

Thereafter,the feeling of sour wound being mended shot up her soul. Revitalization kicked in. It was as though she was beginning a new life, a new chapter that was before July had ran its slender fingers across her skin seduced her into falling in love then served her down a trance.

Now  her sight was surrounded by tow-colored, crisp leaves plummeting from almost baretrees, slowly being tossed around by the hushed gentle breeze till it made love to the soft cushion ground, netting gladness at her honey dipped eyes.

She was back in the hands of Autumn, confused about what was to await her yet she embraced it absorbing every sight placed ahead of her.

'Autumn was here, summer has gone', her tiny voice boomed as she took the stairs she discovered months ago. It was pitch-black and narrow. Madison who was familiar with the steps  found no worries in running down them.

Faster and faster her feet took on each step stopping immediately a beam of light sparkled ahead. She was out, just like she was once was but this time she wasn't greeted with summer but the wonders of Autumn.

Elation ran wild on her face as she walked through the warm, fiery glow.
The rise and fall in the cool, crisp air was her comfort letting go of  the fears yielding survival.

Above, the sun with his artistic touch,
Painted skies of blue with rosy blush,

Wispy winds and tumbling leaves, engulfs her as the multitude of a northerners unbothered by autmumn faded  but one had caught her sight, one which stood amongst the rest with hue as adornment and honour and nobility as  an aura she sensed from where she stood.

She knew that aura anywhere actually she had lived through that aura and had felt it.

It couldn't be, she gasped blinking her eyes to be sure she wasn't back to july once again.

The instant she pulled her eyes open and noticed sapphire hadn't faded she plunged at it with wildness chanting the name who lived in her head.

"Jonathan!" Her eyes beamed only to be blessed with the ground that had become a home to leaves of tow. Her legs had given up,quickly striving to give it life, she halted as the haze figure of Fredrick  stood in front of her, a weary smile ate his face as it always did but this was different from the rest. She dared not to wonder trying to gain access to what she longed for ahead when she did sadness betide as she was faced with view of the radiant sun rising high, scorching the tree tops.

He was gone.

Autumn of ye pleasantries drunk itself in the sorrows of her eyes, it wonders seized to exist as all that was seen was desolation, deserted trees, the faded earth, the heavy sky and Fredrick, of which drowned her heart to angst.