Prologue

A ray of moonlight fell into the green eyes of Silas and he stopped for a second. The light of the full moon glistened beautifully on the water of the shallow river he had been wading through for the last hours to cover up his scent.

It was November and the surroundings were freezing, the cold slowly creeping up his body, stiffening his joints. The escape had taken it’s toll on the mans body. His face had become pale, his eyes and cheeks were sunken in and dried blood was stuck in his hair. His shirt was ripped on the left side of his chest, where huge claws had dug into his body.

His blood was splattered on the small bundle he carried in his arms. The bloodloss tired him and his wolf had no more energy to heal him.
But pain like this did not bother him and never had. He would rather have them rip off his arms, tearing open his chest, then feel his heart shatter into a thousand pieces again.

There was nothing he longed for more then a dark and dreamless sleep, never to wake up from again.

Suddenly a noise from deep down in the forest cleared his mind. The danger was still imminent, he had a plan, a mission to fulfill. Only then could he die in peace.

Silas smelled the air, a faint scent of vampires lingered in the cold winter night. They were close now.

He looked at the bundle in his arms and two clever little eyes peaked up at him. The baby had been quiet for the last hours, as if she already understood that her life was in grave danger.

„The king won’t find you, he took everything from me. And now I have taken you.“

A small smile formed on his lips. He might die tonight, but they would never get the girl.