Chapter 3

Carter

"Hi Bella, are you ready to see Dr. Kelly today?"

"Uh huh!" This bright eyed, wide smiled little girl walked up to me said.

"Ok then, let's go." She walked behind me with her father.

"Daddy, I like her, she's really nice." Bella whispered to her dad.

"Do you now?" He said back.

"Yeah. You should ask her out."

He chuckled. "We'll see."

I did everything I needed to do to check on this little girl. Temperature, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Height, and Weight.

"Dr. Kelly will be with you shortly." I said almost stepping out before my name got called.

"Nurse Townsend?" Bella's dad called.

"Can I see myself in taking you to dinner on Friday night?" He asked.

"Sure uhm-"

"Devon, Devon Washington." He smiled.

"Well, do you have a number Mr. Washington so I can call you?" I asked.

"It's 455-397-0175." I wrote it down on my hand arm, cuz I always have to wash my hands.

"See you later." I walked out the door and passed Dr. Kelly.

"How are you today Carter?" He asked.

"Good and yourself?" I smiled.

"I'm making it." He walked into the room where Bella was and I stood at the Nurse's station.

"He's in a good mood. What you do?" Justice asked me.

"Why do you insist that myself and that man have something going on? We're just co-workers." I explained.

"Yeah, and August Alsina and I have a baby together. Admit it Car, y'all fucking and you don't wanna tell me." Justice whispered yelled the last part.

Why'd she have to bring up August? Damn, I can't tell everybody about our situation. In my eyes, he was just a regular person. However, to these females, he was August Alsina. If he wasn't the singer he was today, everybody would look at Yung like a regular person. Did I just call him Yung? I never call him Yung. I can tell I'm changing.

"Girl you okay?" Justice asked, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Y-Yeah. I'm going on my lunch break." I said, grabbing my purse and about to clock out.

"Aight, I'll see you later."

I drove over to Wendy's ordered a Baconator. That thing was the bomb. I know I'm a big girl, but that sandwich can fill me up by itself. I sat down, prayed over my food, and started eating. Five minutes into me enjoying my peace and quiet, I got a phone call. Not looking at the name, I slid it over to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey boo." August laughed on the other end.

"What you want?" I laughed.

"Just to talk, what you doing?" He asked.

"On my lunch break. What you doing Junior?" I questioned, eating my food.

"Not tryna say my name huh? I see you. But I'm chilling. Ready to come see y'all. You ready to see Yung?" He was smiling and I could tell.

"I guess. I already know what you look like. Just a skinny negro with tatts. But our son doesn't." I chomped on a fry.