Chapter 6

August

"Wait a minute, run that back for me my nigga. You mad for what reason?" Sneak laughed.

"Cause she going on a date tomorrow." I mumbled. "But in all honesty can you blame me for being mad? I still got feelings for the girl."

"It's just a date, it's harmless."

"Me and Carter did that 'just a date' shit and she came back not a virgin anymore."

"She not 16, 17 anymore Yung. She 22! If you love it, let it be free; if it comes back, it's meant to be." Sneak patted my shoulder.

Roland ran up to me along with the girls behind him.

"Aye Pops, can we go to the Movies and then to McDonald's?" He asked.

Mentally I frowned at McDonald's, cause I personally was a Popeye's man.

"Yeah, what y'all wanna go see?" I rubbed my chin hair.

"The new Spongebob movie!" They exclaimed simultaneously.

"In 3D." Noonie added.

"Ooo yeah, 3D would be awesome!" Kay hi fived her sister.

"Can Mommy come?" Roland asked.

"Yeah Ro, ima go ask her. Y'all go put ya shoes on and coats." I said as we went upstairs to go our separate ways.

I knocked twice before I heard a faint come in.

"Aye Cata." I laid beside her.

"What's going on?" She looked up at me.

"Chilling. The kids wanna go see Spongebob, Ro thought about you, you wanna come?"

"It wouldn't hurt. You still mad at me?" She put her head on my shoulder.

"Nah, I can't stay mad at yo beautiful face for long. I just don't wanna lose you again." I kissed her forehead.

"You not gone lose me, I just need time. Devon is the first guy I've been on a date with, since I've been here. You wanna know why?"

"Why?" I questioned, hoping I was the answer.

"Because in every other man that was interested in me, I couldn't find a piece of you."

"Tell me about Devon." I sighed.

"He's mixed, but he look white. He has a daughter. He's a construction worker. His daughter's name is Bella and she's 5. Devon himself is 23. He calls me Nurse Carter."

"Nurse Carter?"

"Uh huh. That's how we met. At Bella's check up."

"Hm. I didn't know you were a nurse."

"You didn't ask." She smiled.

"Seems like you really like the nigga."

"I haven't decided that yet, but he's cool."

"Ro met em yet?"

"Nah, ion bring any and everybody around my son."

"So what about this Dr. Kelly you work wit?"

"Ion date co-workers. Simple."

"So he has asked you out before?"

"Mhm. But I like to keep my shit professional. If I'm working wit you, I sure as hell ain't gone date you."

"You a smart girl. Always been smart." I looked at her.

"Aug stop." She playfully pushed me.

"I'm serious, I remember when you would be teaching me how to do math, or asking me to read over your papers. You was always on yo grind man. Even if I wouldn't let you work." I smirked.