Chapter 13

Tiffany

We got back to the RVA fast and safely. Crunch told me what happened between her and August. I could tell she was hurt, but why is she dragging Devon along with her?

"Can you explain to me why you keep dragging Devon along in this picture?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know and I need to stop because that man... Devon is such a good man." Carter stated.

"Yes I know this and you playing with his emotions. He's not gonna stick around forever." I said.

"And I know this, but in all honesty I just don't know who I want." Carter almost whispered,.

I sighed, hung my head low, then responded. "Just follow ya heart Carter." I rose up from the couch and went into the kitchen.

My phone started ringing and it was Jerome.

"Hey Rome." I smiled as I answered.

"Hey Boo, what you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing, chilling with Crunch. What about you?"

"You think she'll let me come over? I want to see you." He stated.

I was lowkey blushing hard, but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Maybe. I'll ask." I started walking to the living room to find her playing with Roland. "Hey Crunch, can Jerome come over?"

"Sorry, no. I'm don't want company over today. I'm soo sorry, maybe some other time?" She looked at me.

"It's cool. Hey Rome, meet me at my apartment in 20 minutes okay?"

"Aight, bye." He hung up and I started grabbing my things.

"Auntie Tiff, are you leaving?" Roland asked me.

"Yeah Ro, you need anything?" I asked.

"Can you bring me back some Starbursts when you come back?" He questioned.

"Yeah baby, I got you." I kissed his forehead. "I'll see you later Carter."

"Bye Tiff, love you."

"Love you too." I hugged her and left the house.

Carter

"No I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I Am." I read to Roland.

"Mommy?" Ro asked.

"Yeah baby?" I looked at him.

"When is Daddy coming back?" He looked up at me.

"I don't know; you want to FaceTime him?"

"Yeah!" He jumped up and I grabbed my phone, looking for August's number.

"Hello?" He answered as his face popped up on the screen.

"Hey Dad!" Roland smiled.

"Hey Ro! What's going on son?" I lowkey smiled when he said that.

"Nothing, just laying here with Mommy. What are you doing Dad?" Ro replied.

"Hey Cata, and just watching tv. I miss you Ro." August smiled.

"Hey August." I stated.

"I miss you too Dad. When are you coming back?"

"I'll be back in February."

"That's a long time from now!"

"No it's not, it's only 3 weeks from now!" August exclaimed.

"So you be here in 3 weeks?" Ro questioned.

"Maybe." August smirked.

"Fine. Bye Dad. Mommy hang up the phone." Roland handed me the phone.

I laughed at Ro and hung up the phone.

"Hey Ro I want to ask you something."

"Yes Mommy?"

"How would you feel if you had a brother or sister?" I asked.

"It'll be cool. I'll be a big brother!" He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile with him. If no one else was happy, I knew that Roland and I would be happy.

The doorbell rung and I told Roland to stay put so I could see who it was. Going downstairs and opening the door, I found that it was Devon and Bella.

"Hey Nurse Townsend!" Bella hugged me.

"Hi Bella! Roland's in his room if you wanna say hi." As soon as I said that, she ran upstairs. "Devon, what are you doing here?"

"I just really wanted to see you." He hugged me. "How was your trip? You look tired, have you been getting rest?"

"Devon, I'm fine thank you. Are you okay?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just making sure you were good. You need anything? The baby good?"

"Devon, sit down, and breath. Everything's good. Why are you stressing honey?" I was concerned for this child.

"I just really missed you. I'm glad you're back home." He smiled.

"I missed you too Devon. You know, you've been on my mind a lot lately." I stated.

"Really?" He had this shocked expression on his face.

"Yeah, and I was thinking... I want to be with you. No marriage shit, too soon. But I want to be yours." I smiled.

"Are you serious?" Devon smiled.

"As a heart attack."

He slowly reached over to me and his lips brushed against mine. "Y'know, you've made me wait this long. I'll make you wait longer." He smirked.

"Boy you better give me my kiss." I rolled my eyes.

We kissed slowly, but intimately. We had to stop because both of our children were upstairs and I didn't want to have a child where I didn't know who their father was.

We stopped kissing and went upstairs to my room to Netflix and Chill, without the sex part. Who says you had to have sex with chill?

August

"Fuck you August!" Carter yelled at me.

"You said I could do what I wanted to do! Damn!"

"Not with my hoe ass cousin! Why the fuck would you do that shit? That's hella foul of you August! Now you gone have me looking crazy at the family reunion! You know what? Get out!" She pushed me out the door.

"Can I at least get my stuff?"

"No, cuz that's the shit I bought bitch. Now get the fuck out!" She continued to push me.

"You gone stop putting yo hands on me girl. I'm sorry." I tried to hug her.

"Get off me!" She was struggling to get out my hug. "You a trifling motherfucker and I can't stand you!"

"Carter I'm sorry." At that point I knew I hurt a really good girl.

"Leave. Just go. I don't care where you go, just get out my house." She wiped a few tears that escaped her eyes and turned her back away from me.

"I'll be back in 3 hours." I stated, grabbing the keys to my car and going to my brother's house.

Damn, I fucked up.

-Welp, that's that.

-Please vote and comment.

-I love y'all.

-Stay safe in these streets.

-Peace, love, and chicken grease.