Chapter 12 Part 2

The Next Morning

Carter

Waking up, I got up and did my morning routine. I felt like I was the only person up, but I didn't care. I had to take care of my thoughts that were rolling through my mind. After I finished, I had went into the kitchen to fix me some breakfast.

While I was cooking I decided to call Christian.

"Hello?" I heard his voice say.

"Hey Chris, how's it going?" I questioned.

"Everything's good. Ro just woke up and we are going to go to IHOP to get some breakfast in a little while." He stated.

"That sounds fun, I'll call y'all later to talk to Ro. Thank you again Chris." I bit a piece of bacon.

"Anytime Carter. Talk to you later." He hung up the phone and I continued on with what I was doing.

In 10 minutes I was done and ready to eat my grits, bacon, and toast. Couldn't even get two bites of my bacon with this nigga interrupting my thoughts.

"So you couldn't fix me no breakfast?" August asked.

"Nah you good on that fam." I fed myself a spoonful of grits.

"That's disrespectful." He shook his head in disbelief and started rummaging through the fridge.

"And?" I side-eyed him.

"It's too early in the morning for yo smart ass mouth Cata. Chill out." He looked at me.

"Lemme just keep all my comments to myself." I mumbled quietly to myself but apparently August heard me loud and clear.

"Nah, say yo little comments. I wanna hear what you got to say."

"You good fam." I bit into my toast.

"I hope my daughter ain't like yo bitchass." He said lowly.

"Repeat that motherfucker." I turned in my seat.

"I said, I hope my daughter ain't like yo bitchass. I don't have a problem saying what the fuck I gotta say." August looked at me.

I grabbed my bowl of grits and threw it at him. How dare his ass call me a bitch?

"First of all, you the motherfucker that got this bitch pregnant not once, but twice, so if I'm a bitch you a bitch too. Next time come correct...bitch."

Luckily he ducked because that bowl of hot grits was still burning my mouth.

"You tryna kill me na?" I could tell he was really mad, but I wasn't gonna back down now.

"Call me a bitch one more time and I will." I sneered.

"Yo, what the fuck is your problem?!" He yelled at me.

"You wanna know what my problem is? You! I sweatagawd you got me twisted all over again and I hate it soo much. August you made it seem like you didn't want anymore kids the way you fucking hung up on me. Do you know how heartbreaking that was? You made it seem like I was worthless and that fucking hurt August. That's what my problem is. If you don't this kid, then you don't want me or Roland either."

August

I admit it, the hurt on her face kind of hurt me. Honestly, she has to realize that in that moment, I was shocked and I was working. I didn't need any distractions.

"Cata, I'm sorry for hanging up in your face. The news you provided me with, it had just shocked me. I do want this baby, you, and Roland in my life. I never wanted to hurt you." I watched her as she wiped the tears away from her face.

"I forgive you, but I need some time to myself." She turned around and started walking to the guest bedroom.

Flashback

"We need to enroll you in school or something. Can't be fucking with no dumb nigga." Carter laughed as she tried to kiss me, but I dodged that shit.

"Aye, I ain't dumb. I just gotta make this money to spoil you with." I smiled.

"I don't need to be spoiled. I need for you to graduate. Get enrolled in school. I'm serious." She looked me in my eyes.

"You know what I just thought of?" I stated.

"What?"

"Ain't no female care for me, like you do. Ain't no female got me like you do. And for that, I appreciate it. You got a good ass heart, a wise ass mind, and a beautiful ass soul."

"You damn right don't nobody got you like I got you. I care about you August. I love you. I want to see you grow as a human being. I want you to be successful. You gone get out these streets one day."

"I love you." I kissed her.

No female has ever said anything like this to me. And being that we were living in NOLA, she had very high hopes for me. I loved the fact that she wants me to do better with my life, but right now, I gotta get this money. I gotta spoil my girl, even if she does work herself. She doesn't ask for much, but when she does I try to give it to her.

I want to marry this girl someday.

Devon

Me: Aye girl. 😘

Nurse Carter ☺💕: Hey bby. ❤

Me: Wyd?

Nurse Carter ☺💕: Chillaxing, wby?

Me: Just got in from work. When you coming home? I want to chill...lol.

Nurse Carter ☺💕: Soon. I'll let you know bby. I can tell you miss me lmao 😭😭

Me: I do. And you just make me want to come down there and bring you back home. 😂😂😂

Nurse Carter ☺💕: Awwwhh bby. 😌💓

Me: You know how I feel about you bae. 😘❤

Nurse Carter ☺💕: Yeah I know. 😁

Me: You need to stop playing games and be mine.

Nurse Carter☺💕: Give me some time to figure my situation out with August, and I'll let you know whassup. 👍

Me: Fine, just know my time is slowly winding up and I can't wait for you forever. 😬👐

Nurse Carter ☺💕: I know.

I left her on read. I keep putting my heart on the line, but my time is slowly winding up. I can't keep putting my heart on the line. It's waaaay too risky. I mean I feel like she's sending me mixed signals. It's like she wants to be with me but she doesn't or she's scared or she's waiting to see what August does and I don't think any of this is fair to me. Either tell me to stay or to go. But I'll stay for a little bit, just to see where this headed. Probably nowhere as usual. [insert eye roll]

-y'all still don't like Devon?

-Well here's what's really going on.

-Please vote and comment.

-Thank y'all for the support.

-Peace, love and chicken grease.

-Stay safe in these streets.