Chapter 5: Recon

Lumbria, Barasoom

February 22th, 2025

1600 hours

3 hours later after the entire meeting in the Whitehouse. the decision has been made to make an expedition and recon mission to Lumbria. which a convoy of US forces are sent to the southern border and try to discover this whole new environment that was very very foreign in their eyes.  this whole new recon is going to be a new discovery. along with the army, biologists, and other NASA staff that joined in this mission. geologist joined too as the search for resources on Barasoom is important to kickstart the US economy. along with fulfilling the demand of the resources of the US, which could be believed that Barasoom resources might be untouched by the natives according to many.

Somehow the new flora specimen on Barasoom, seems to take the interest of biologists in a mission of trying to search for new types of crops that are native here, there were a plan to grow that native crops in the US. which biologist might need to get more of a research of these Barasoomian crops, whether it is safe for consumption to humans or not. since these newly discovered crops could boost up. the US agriculture, if necessary.

Yet if the natives know anything about making a nation, or having a large civilization, then they could least trade with them and speak with them. according to the map by the look of things on Barasoom, there were several continents, which means the US would have a lot of time to recon and explore the wonders of their new home which is Barasoom.

For public reaction about the news. an hours after the entirety of the meeting in the White House. news has been spread out through the media like wildfire. On the internet, many people are shocked about it. many people are panic over it, as there is all went into full panic, along with that they are now in a world that was beyond recognizable, along with news and images has now been shown to the public about the images of the map, along with samples of the wildlife and specimen of the aquatic creature yet shocked many, plus the plants on Lumbria, which is far from strange than anything on Earth either.

Many people went panic either and people are going nuts over it. it's been 3 days since the anomaly that brought them to this planet, had makes things for the worst had changed. yet the unique stuff is that from the map what they see is the US is the only one with green soil while the rest are oranges like planet mars, except with more vegetation growing on them, as they get to see the second image about the planet vegetation, and one sample of the wildlife.

Conspiracy theorists went nuts all over the internet, as they believe more nonsense stuff that they spew online. along with people too, that went crazy over it. with the news spreading around, along with to the internet, many people are talking about how the entirety of the United States of America ended up in another habitable planet.

Alien believers just got all high on the expectation of seeing an actual living and breathing sapient alien, that can wield tools and build a civilization to be encountered on this planet and then introduce themselves in the public. from that intercepted communication their belief already went high on aliens are truly real on this planet.

Meanwhile on the history channel, in a show called Ancient aliens, new episodes were launched about the anomaly. according to those people, it said that aliens wanted America to be on other planets because they managed to control such high devices that managed to transport any continent on earth within their power.

This is that the alien play that this anomaly that formed a forcefield had been implanted around the entirety of the USA, without anyone at all even knowing and recognizing that the alien is the one who made this forcefield that surrounds the entirety of the border of the United States of America. the newest episode is named "The hidden secret of US border" which is where those ancient aliens folks talk more of how the alien was behind the US transported to Barasoom.