don't leave me; pjm

Jimin has always been patient

Jimin has always been patient. So he just sits and watches with those observant eyes of his. And Y/N stares right back, because she can't understand how one can be so patient.

"I still don't love you," she says.

"And I'm still waiting," he replies simply.

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

"Why?"

Jimin arches an eyebrow. "Why don't you love me?"

Y/N looks down and bites her lip. She gets it.

"How long?"

"Mh?"

"How long, Jimin? How long are you going to wait?"

"As long as I can."

Y/N shakes her head. "Fucking idiot."

Jimin grins. "I know."

Y/N looks at him, her heart breaking. Jimin was kind. Too kind for her.

"Stop it, Jimin. Don't wait for me anymore. I can't love you. I'm sorry. I can't. Not in the way you want me too."

She gets up and brushes the dust of her skirt. "Goodbye."

Jimin stills. Y/N had never said that before. It was always "I'll see you soon." She never said goodbye. Because it sounded final. Like a separation that would last for a very long time.

"No!" Jimin yells and grabs her hand. He hauls himself up and wraps his arms around her waist.

"This is enough," he says, holding onto her tightly. "This is enough for me."

Y/N doesn't move.

"Please Y/N, don't leave me. The love you can give me enough," he pleads.

Y/N finally returns his hug. But it's too tight. Too hard.

It makes Jimin's lungs squeeze.

"You're being selfish, Jimin-ah."

Jimin blinks.

"You want to keep me by your side. Because you love me. I know you do. And you don't want to let me go. Because then it won't seem real. It would be like an illusion. You wont stop loving me. You've loved me all these years. You wont stop now."

"Y/N...." his voice cracks.

She gives him a small smile. "I'm selfish too."

With that, she gently removes his arms from her waist and turns around, her silhouette jet black against the bleeding sunset.

And Jimin lets her go.

He hopes she'll come back. He'll wait for her. He'll never stop waiting.

Y/N leaves.

She knows she wont go back.

Because Jimin only knows how to love.

While Y/N only knows how to take.

Y/N has taken from many men, and she will keep taking. But she can't take from Jimin.

She will take from anyone. But not Jimin.

Because he's too kind. Too good to be true.

Because she cannot take from someone who will only give. Again and again. Over and over until he has nothing left. And even then Jimin will still try to give.

Y/N has no heart.

Jimin's heart is too big for him to carry.

So Y/N won't take. Because if she does, she can only take half of it. And if she only takes half, she will rip his heart in two.

No.

She won't.

Jimin's heart is precious.

Precious things are rare.

And Y/N doesn't like to destroy precious things. She prefers to save them from herself.

 She prefers to save them from herself