with love; pjm

Y/N swings open the door to be greeted by the sight of her milkman, Seokjin

"Morning Jin," she greets.

"Morning," he smiles and hands her an envelope along with her milk bottle.

"What's this?" Y/N asks curiously.

"A letter," Seokjin replies.

"A letter? Who from? " she questions confusedly.

"Don't know. Just found it on your doorstep," Seokjin shrugs.

"Oh," she breathes as she eyes it.

"Have a nice day." He waves and leaves.

She closes the door.

Y/N hasn't been doing well at all lately, she had just recently moved out. Her parents wouldn't support her dreams of becoming a graphic designer and she has just opened her own little online graphic shop online, like she's always wanted. However, orders were low and she was barely making ends meet even with her job at a graphic company which she is due to resign from in a month.

She was never not exhausted and Seokjin, being the kind man he is, always left a bottle of milk outside whether she paid for it or not. So it had definitely been a surprise when she saw him with an envelope too. 

Who would write me a letter? she thinks. Everyone either emails or texts or calls.

Y/N makes her way back to the living room and curls up on the couch comfortably, anticipating fingers opening the envelope gently. She takes it out and calms her beating heart before reading it.

November 1

Flowery soul, you're too beautiful to cry.

That's it. No name, no sign, so stamps. Nothing.

That's weird, she thinks, maybe it wasn't meant for me.

---

Y/N greets Seokjin the next morning as usual, only to be handed an envelope again.

"No name again?" she asks.

He nods.

She bids him goodbye and curls up on the couch just like yesterday and tears open the envelope to read whatever's in it.

November 2

Infinite stars litter the sky but you shine the brightest.

Y/N frowns. What untrue words. But her heart skips a beat. After all, the heart and the mind are two separate things, right?