CHAPTER NINETEEN

*WARNING - A LOT OF SMUT*

Clara's POV

I nod and open the door. As she comes in, I try my best to stay calm and just sit down. I look up to see her stupid face just smiling. Her warm smile and eyes nearly making me leap into her arms. Her man bun cut off, with a much shorter haircut to replace it. It looks fresh and her perfume hitting me.

"I'd like to apologise. For not trying harder to tell you what happened. Or what I suspect I guess"

I look at her with a bored face, then stand up.

"Just leave. I can't deal with lies"

"I'm not lying! I didn't kiss her and we have never done anything!"

"You come home smelling like her. Late nights at the office, late replies and fucking looking exhausted when you come back!"

"I was basically doing twelve hours! How'd you expect me to still be standing around like nothing!!" She stands and looks at me with anger and frustration. It just ignites something in me.

Walking forward I push her, "Fuck off! I'm not dealing with a liar. I don't want anything to do with you. GO BACK TO YOUR OFFICE PUSSY!"

"I am currently with her" She smirks and I try my best to hold my smile. This cheeky bitch.

"WAIT DID YOU JUST SAY THAT IM THE OFFICE PUSSY!"

"If the shoe fits!"

"Your fired! Wait no your getting sued! No I'm killing you!!"

Before I could walk towards her, I hear a giggle and we both turn around to see Eli slowly stand up and walk towards us. HE WALKS?! I and Tyler look at each other in shock. Once he gets to my leg he holds onto it and motions to get picked up. In which I do, I instantly calm down and kiss his cheek then sit back down. Tyler follows and let's out a deep breath.

My gut tells me to give her a chance but my head tells me to wait. Usually I'd follow my head but I need to know.

"Tell me..."

"Tell you what?"

"Your theory Sherlock! And the truth" I snap. She nods.

"We were in the office and finished the work. I praised her for helping and was packing up my stuff. I saw something on my desk and was about to grab it before she kissed me. By the time I was about to push her, you came in and it looked really bad. I argued with her and kicked her out. If I could I would fire her. She kept being inappropriate, saying things and her weird clinginess! Listen Clara. I would never and I repeat NEVER hurt you. I love you too much and I told her making it clear." She makes contact the entire time showing me the truth in her eyes.

"And the theory?"

She tells me what Terry found out and what they both concluded and honestly I was shocked. I knew Mark was a handful at times but this is just too much. I'd like to know why he wants to be with me so bad. It's definitely not love.

I look at her and she's staring at Eli, smiling at him. My heart feels warm, the images from that night nearly fully evaporated.

"So little man, you can walk now?" She asks him.

"Bagabaghab"

"I was only asking...jeez!"  Tyler puts her hands up in surrender and Eli starts laughing. 

———-

I put Eli to bed and went back downstairs to see Tyler pacing up and down.

"I believe you. And Ty, I have no feelings towards Mark. I know your thinking it."