CHAPTER FOURTY-SEVEN

Tyler's POV

I've calculated that I have been in here for nearly a month. It's been beaten, left to heal a little then beaten again. This is healing time, I have been observing everything. The time they guys come in helps me know what time of day it is, as well as the food. The nurse lady has a watch on whenever she comes in, the others don't. I try my best to look at it, I also try to charm my way to talk to her. It's working.

As it's healing time, I have three days of rest and medication. I'm pretty sure my ribs are broken. Rib six, seven and eight are broken, the rest are bruised. God I should have gone to medical school instead, or become a detective...that would have been pretty cool!

I expect the nurse to be here in a couple seconds, they put me on a bed when it's healing time. They built it a couple days in. The beds surprisingly comfortable. I hear the door open and close.

"Maria. Nice to see you again" I say with a smirk, she smiles lightly. I've realised she's very different from the others. She seems scared when the guys come in, yet they respect her to a point. The camera's off nearly all the time except from when I'm getting beat, so I know it's safe to talk.

"Nice to see you too Brooks. Let's see what needs to be done" She checks my body, I wince occasionally when she touches sensitive areas. "The stab wound is nearly healed, quite surprised by that. Medication must be working" She looks around then opens her back.

"Yeah I guess it is, so how's your evening?"

She looks at me with a brow, "How'd you know it's the evening? I don't see any windows?" She says with a smirk.

I laugh slightly, "Just a guess" My hands are restraint and for the first time I've had my right one injured, which I was hoping for. "My arm...can you check it?" She looks up and nods without hesitation. She unties it and check it, I watch as she nods self consciously and grabs something in her bag. In the process I use the opportunity to grab the scissors from her pocket. I smoothly put it under the pillow and lay back down.

She turns around with a smile and cleans the wound on my arm then puts some kind of cream on it. She does the same with the other wounds then injects me with the medication she uses. I feel so much better once I get it, and instantly fall asleep.

———

As I wake up, I turn to my side to see food. A ham sandwich, chocolate, an apple and water. It's the same everyday, I tend to prefer breakfast. They usually untie an arm, this time it's the right one...the injured one. I take the opportunity to check if the camera is running, it's not. I start eating the food, the scissors are still under my pillow.

The thought of Clara and Elijah comes to mind. I've been trying not to focus on them or else I get emotional, the best thing I can do is stay strong and figure a way out so I can be home with my family...with my girlfriend. Clara.

I shake it off and finish my food by drinking the last of the water. My hairs grown out a fair bit so I have curtains, shaggy hair. I grab the scissors and cut the other piece of rope. Once I'm out I run my wrists and stand up, my legs feel like jelly. It's been a while since I've walked, I sigh and try to regain my balance. They won't come back here for at least an hour. The cameras won't turn back on, so I take the opportunity to walk up and down the room.

I also realised that the door hasn't got a lock.

Stupid right?

I never hear one but I could be mistaken. Unfortunately I can't hear anything upstairs, the ceiling is thick concrete too. They took my clothes, but they do change my underwear. Well the nurse does. They take me upstairs to pee, I've never actually seen up there as they put a bag over my head and carry me.