CHAPTER FIVE - Healing

"You fool." Daena shook her head, looking at Arcturus who was a bit wary of the elf on the bed five metres from his own but luckily, Daena had come in not long after he had awoken. Adreanna had been by a few times with Cassiopeia but that was before Arcturus had awoken.

"Im am baw fool, Mellon Nin." (I am no fool, my friend.) Arcturus grinned, he tried to sit up slightly but Daena shook her head and pushed him back down.

"Im would ú- sit or-, if im were cin." (I would not sit up, if I were you) Daena warned, grabbing Arcturus's attention however he only scoffed in response.

"Im require na see híril Aduial, im anír- na see if he na- safe." (I require to see Lady Aduial, I want to see if she is safe.) Arcturus sat up successfully this time, he swung his legs over the side of the bed and attempted to stand. His legs were quite weak and unsteady since they were still in healing mode so he just fell to the floor.

"You are weak, Arty." Daena said, frowning down at her friend with concern. She knew of his stubbornness but he is pushing his body too far this time.

Arcturus rolled his eyes, limping towards the exit and down the halls. His mind was set on one thing: seeing Aduial. He received many concerned glances from the passing elves and healers but they knew to mind their own business.

"Arcturus. You should be resting." A familiar young voice rang through Arcturus's ears as Aduial came walking up to him. Aduial, who had been woken up two days earlier than Arcturus, had bandages around her arms, from what the eye could see. Arcturus knew she must've had many around her torso, he'd seen the arrows strike her there.

"I came to check on my favourite warrior." Arcturus sat down on the nearest bench, smiling at his best friend. The Dúnedain rolled her green eyes playfully as Elladan, Elrohir, Cassiopeia and Adreanna walked up to them.

Cassiopeia frowned down at Arcturus, his hands were on his hip as he let out a rather disappointed or worried sigh. He wasn't sure which one just yet.

"Cin should n- resting. But im gar- news o Mirkwood." (You should be resting but I have news from Mirkwood) Elladan smirked at Arcturus. He was confused, he had made it to Imladris with Aduial, so what news does Thranduil send?

"What news?" Arcturus went to stand up, but Cassiopeia only had to raised his eyebrows for Arcturus to get the message and sit back down.

"Mirkwood has heard of the random orc attack and Thranduil has sent guards to clear up any you did not kill." Elrohir finished for his brother, he nodded courtly to the four of them with his hands behind his back. They both looked quite elegant.

"You two are trying to be nice to convince Lord Elrond to allow you to go hunting?"

"How did you know?"

"You two are never so voluntarily formal." Arcturus raised an eyebrow at Elrohir in an unimpressed fashion. The twins mimicked his expression right back at him.

"Well, it was worth a shot." Elladan shrugged, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder. They gave each other dramatic looks as though they'd been betrayed by Arcturus.

Arcturus laughed, swinging his arm, motionlessly, onto Aduial's head to rest. Aduial raised her eyebrows over at Arcturus, who shrugged in response.
(No Aduials were hurt during this chapter- she was hurt last chapter.)

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat from behind Arcturus, who had frozen in place when he recognised the voice. He awkwardly coughed as he slowly turned around to face the two elves behind him.