CHAPTER EIGHT - Some Years Later

Aduial is turning twenty in a few days and Arcturus was excited, he had everything planned out. Sure, Aduial had been an adult for two years already but every birthday was important; it meant another year of life. Aduial meant a lot to Arcturus so he wanted her to have the perfect twentieth birthday.

It was going to be a surprise- Daena and Aerin were going to distract Aduial for the entire day, taking her hunting just outside Mirkwood's borders while the rest of the kingdom sets up the surprise party in the dining hall. Arcturus tied his brown hair back as he sketched the design- a job given to him by Feren while he spoke to the king about the wine.

Arcturus leant back against the tree that he was sat in. It happened to be the tree he was in when his mother had come to get him twelve years ago before the Battle of the Five Armies. It became his favourite tree, he had painted certain names down on the bark of the tree: Remi, Tauriel, Lorelei, Kili, Fili, Rae, Mera and Thorin. Though, he didn't know Thorin or Mera personally, they were loved ones of Fili and Kili so he honoured them as well, in their memory.

Arcturus was given little trinkets, you could say, in memory of his lost loved ones; His mother's pendant, his sister's bracelet and his best friend's arm braces. At first, he refused the braces but slowly became attached to them. It was like having his friend beside him in battle like the good old times.

"Arcturus. There you are. Have you gotten the designs yet?" Feren called, Arcturus looked down at the elf before jumping out of the tree and landing in front of him, handing him his designs that he knew Aduial would love. They were quite simple, knowing Aduial wouldn't like a great extravagant party.

"I do."

Feren only nodded and took the designs back inside the gates while Arcturus climbed his way back up into the tree. Aduial would be back from Rivendell soon.

Aduial had been taking the healing lessons very seriously and spends a lot of her time in Imladris, learning as much as she can. Arcturus would sometimes accompany her there mostly so he can go hunting with Elladan and Elrohir. Arcturus also grew closer to his Rivendell friends, Cassiopeia and Adreanna. They spent a lot of time together whenever Arcturus visited (which was quite often nowadays, with Aduial's training).

"Arcturus, Aduial arrived an hour ago and is looking for you." Silas laughed, he knew Arcturus often got lost in thought for hours on end but he was starting to get annoyed at Aduial's constant questioning.

"Oh! Sorry, Silas." Arcturus jumped down again and gave Silas a quick hug before running off to find his dear friend. Silas merely shook his head in amusement.

Arcturus wandered the halls, he wasn't in a hurry as he searched for his beloved friend. Mainly because he knew that she was looking for him too. He walked past many guards before he saw a familiar face.

"Lady Aduial." He spoke, his voice sounded smoother than he felt as he walked up to Aduial, who had swung around at her name being called. Aduial grinned and ran up to Arcturus, jumping into his outstretched arms.

"Lord Arcturus." Aduial mocked, tightening her hold on her friend. Arcturus smiled and hugged her back with amusement.

"So twenty, huh? You're getting old." Arcturus joked, the two walked throughout the halls of Mirkwood, admiring the slight changes that were made over time.
Aduial looked up at Arcturus, weirdly.

"Arty... you're two thousand and eighty one years old.." Aduial said, slowly, her gaze never leaving Arcturus.

She was quite confused by his behaviour; she'd only left Arcturus for a short period of time- is he high or something?