CHAPTER TEN - The End

Aduial saddled up Carver, she was going to explore Middle Earth by herself - like on an adventure. She had only really been in Mirkwood, Laketown, Dale and Rivendell throughout her twenty years and she was curious as to what other places there could be. Arcturus handed her some weapons, mostly a sword because that was her preferred weapon. She was never really good at archery.

"Stay safe out there, Aduial. The orcs can outnumber you easily." Arcturus smiled, calmly.

To say he was worried about his friend was an understatement. He didn't know where she was going nor what her plans were but he knew that Aduial could handle herself. She was an adult in human years and Arcturus knew she had to be independent. He couldn't be there every time to help her and she could help herself, she was no damsel in distress.

"I will. You stay safe here with the spiders and that annoying elf." Even years later, Aduial still hated Callan and it showed. Arcturus laughed and nodded.

"Goodbye, Aduial."

"Goodbye, Arcturus."

~~~~

Five years have passed since Aduial last heard from Arcturus. Five years of hunting and living out in the wild by herself. She'd been travelling for two days and needed to rest so she had perched herself up a tree like she used to in Mirkwood - she had deemed this place safe to take a break in.

Carver was grazing a few metres away and he seemed satisfied. Aduial still couldn't find Athelas though, she had been looking for it within the forest she now sat in but couldn't find any anywhere. She leant back against the trunk of the tree and closed her eyes, sleep taking over her mind.

.

"Are you okay?" A male voice startled Aduial as she lost her balance and fell out of the tree, landing on her leg in an awkward position with a deafening crack.

"Not anymore." Aduial groaned quietly, moving slowly into a sitting position to look at her obviously broken leg.

"I apologise. I expected you to be on your guard. You are a ranger, are you not?" The unfamiliar blonde elf frowned, Aduial looked up and gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah but I was asleep." Aduial replied, calmly. The blonde looked at her with confusion before he looked down at her leg.

"It is broken." He said quietly, Aduial raised her eyebrows.

"Really? Never would've guessed." Aduial grinned in spite as she tried to stand up to call Carver over.

The unfamiliar elf shook his head and stepped forward, picking Aduial up off the ground and carried her bridal style. They walked through the forest for a while before they came across an elven kingdom.

Aduial's sour look morphed into one of awe as she looked up at the kingdom in the trees. It reminded her of a brighter version of Mirkwood but like ten times prettier.

"Woah."

"Welcome, Miss Ranger, to Lothlorien." The blonde elf announced as he carried her to the Healers. Once they arrived in the chambers, the healers got to work straight away. The blonde elf turned to leave but Aduial stopped him.

"Wait! What's your name?" Aduial questioned, the blonde turned around and smiled at her.

"My name is Haldir." Haldir bowed his head and left, leaving a smiling Aduial behind.

After around an hour, Aduial was allowed to leave but she didn't have any chambers or somewhere to go so she wandered around the trees, taking in the sights. She was so distracted that she didn't realise she had crashed into someone until she heard a small laugh.