~ medic x reader ~

author note:
idk why but I got an idea for this one shot and felt like writing it, so here we go!
Also the readers kinda short in this story, so sorry to all the tall people out there 😳

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-your POV-

"C'mon Doc!"
"NEIN. I'm not wasting ze Mediguns power on such a small injury!"
The dispute was ended by the slam of a door.

You happened to walk by the scene. Curious, you approached Scout, who was now frustrated and standing outside Medics office.

"What was all that about?" you asked him.

"Apparently my leg isn't injured enough to even get a bandage." he replied, rolling his eyes.

You looked down, sure enough his leg had a deep gash and was bleeding through his stocking. Scout was known for complaining over every small scratch he got, but it was impossible for you to look at the wound without feeling a sense of pain yourself.

"Damn," you said. "doesn't that hurt?"

"PSSH, of course not! Hurts less than a paper cut!" he said, limping away.

He was full of it.
Maybe I can get some bandaids or something from Medic. You thought to yourself. Teammates are supposed to support each other, right?

You opened the door to Medics office.
I don't want it to be obvious I'm getting them for Scout though. I gotta make up a reason... you thought as you walked in.

Everything around you was quite clean, other than some birdseed strewn on the floor. The walls were decorated with medical charts and bordered with translucent windows, in the middle was an operating table. There were counters and cupboards on the sides, a couple medical machines here and there.
You spotted Medic in the back at a table, working on some project with his back turned to you.
"Hey Medic!" you called to him. He turned around.
"Hallo," he answered. "What can I do for you?"
You walked towards him, glancing at the table he was at. There was an enemy mercenary head on it, surrounded in blood and medical tools. Huh.

"I was wondering where the bandages were." you responded.
"Ah, those should be in zhat cabinet over there." he said, pointing at one. "Is everything alright? Are you injured?"
"Oh it's nothing serious." you said. "Just uhh.."
Crap! You thought. I was supposed to think of something earlier-
You didn't know, but Medic could tell you were just trying to help Scout out. He chuckled to himself as you concentrated on thinking up an excuse.
"They're on zhe second shelf." he added "Behind ze hydrogen peroxide."
"Oh! Uh, thank you!" you replied.
You made your way to the cabinet. Thank god he didn't ask anything else.
You opened the door of the second cupboard and reached up to the large, brown bottle in the front. Your fingertips barely made contact with the hydrogen peroxide.
Damn you genetics, you cursed in your head. If only you were a couple of inches taller!
You managed to move the bottle to the side, but the bandages were far out of your reach.
You hopped up and down, but that only pushed them back further. You groaned at the situation you'd gotten yourself into.
Medic noticed and made his way to where you were at, reaching up to get the box for you.
His arm brushed against yours, and you stepped out of the way. You didn't realize how close he was to you until now.
Medic grabbed the bandages with ease. "There you go." he said, handing them to you.
"Thank you Medic!" you beamed, giving him a quick hug.

Wait, why am I hugging him? you thought.

"Ah, sorry!" you blurted, pulling away.
"I'll see you around! Thank you again!"
You skipped out the door, leaving Medic flustered.
He snapped back into focus and returned to the table he was previously at.

Had they always been so small? He thought to himself. Why was he suddenly thinking about how it felt to be in your arms?

Medic shook his head, reaching for a scalpel.

Cooo!

He turned to the sound that came from Archimedes. The dove was perched on top of a nearby chair, tilting his head up to his owner.

"Don't give me zhat look."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~