~ dad spy blurb ~

authors note:

Just a little dad spy oneshot I felt like writing!
I often wonder what spy was like when Scout was first born, we've seen him watching Scout take his first steps in the comics but that was apparently a dream so we don't know if he stayed with him and his mom or if he just dipped :(

ALSO I'm gonna call him Laurent because I've seen other people refer to him as that and it's a nice headcanon :)

Now onto the short story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spy was shook awake and met with the tired eyes of his wife.

"Laurent, could you please take care of the baby tonight? He's crying again and I really need some sleep." she told him.

Spy sighed and nodded his head understandingly. He got up from bed and made his way to the crib where his little son laid.
He picked up the little one and patting his back he carried him to the living room so his wife could get better sleep.

He rested on the couch, his 5 month old son still crying in his arms.

"What's gotten into you?" he asked the small boy.

His son of course didn't respond. You know, being unable to talk and all.

Laurent was a new father and wasn't exactly sure how to help kids. It wasn't that he didn't love his son, his wife just happened to be with him more often.

He held his son closer and shushed him.

"Your mother is very tired... calm down..."

He stroked the baby's soft little hair, which seemed to calm him down. His crying ceased, only a little sob escaping his lips every now and then.

Spy rocked him back and forth, singing a lullaby his mother would sing for him as a child.

The little boy closed his eyes and grabbed onto his dads shirt, slowly drifting off.

Spy kissed his sons forehead and gently rested his chin on the baby's head.

"Goodnight, bout de chou..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHA FOOLED YOU, get ready for a little extra section! >:)

Scouts mom woke up to the sun shining on her face. Yawning, she got up and made her way to the crib to check in on her son. She opened her eyes in surprise to see he was missing. She turned back to her bed, noticing her husband was missing too.
In a small panic she pushed open the bedroom door and ran to the living room, looking for any sign of the two.
Thankfully, her eyes were met with her two loves.

Her husband was laid on the couch, their son in his arms, completely knocked out. His hand rested on the baby's back, the other on his tiny head.
What a sweet sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annddd NOW were done lol
I might write some more blurbs like this in the future! :)
Anyway, hope you have an amazing day! Stay hydrated! ❤️