━ two : the art of lying

THE OTHER BLACK
chapter two
.   .   .   .

ANDROMEDA BLACK,
SEVENTH YEAR
.   .   .   .

𝘼ndromeda didn't know which was worse. Lying to her sisters, forcing her food down or the awful pains in her stomach and pelvic area. Any normal human would obviously choose the latter but Andromeda was far from normal, she was a Black and the Black family is anything but normal. She figured then that lying so her sisters was worse, but then again she wasn't really lying. Ted Tonks did touch her, but not the way they thought. Everytime she tries to sleep, she could still hear his uneasy pants, she could still feel his rough hands on her delicate skin, the same skin she's trying to cover up right now.

Andromeda couldn't stand to look at herself in the mirror without breaking down. She felt like it was all her fault, no matter how many times Narcissa and Cordelia told her is wasn't. If only she had been brave like Cordelia, if only she had a poisonous tongue like hers, she wouldn't be disgusted by her own skin and mere reflection right now.

"Andy, are you done in there?" Cordelia's voice floated through the door and Andromeda hastily wiped away her tears, splashing her face with cold water and she quickly dried her face.

"I'll be out in a minute!" Andromeda replied, shaking her head at her reflection before she pointed the wand towards the circular mirror. "You're pathetic." She whispered, daring herself to break the mirror but Andromeda wasn't any of her sisters. She was just pathetic, just like Ted repeatedly told her with every pant.

"I thought you died in there." Cordelia told her once she saw her. "Come on, zip me up." Andromeda ignored the pain that shot through her body with every step she took and she zipped Cordelia's dress up, as today was Hogsmeade day.

Andromeda wasn't too sure she was going to go, she wanted to sneak down to the Hospital Wing and ask Madam Pomfrey about the pains but she knew her sisters would never allow it. Both of them thought if she had a walk around Hogsmeade, a tinkered or two of hot chocolate and a few sweets from Honeydukes, she'll feel better. But no amount of sweet things or walking could ever make her feel better. Andromeda never told them that though, she rather kept her tongue and had only nodded.

The door burst open and Narcissa came rushing towards her sisters, a huge grin on her face and her cheeks a deadly red color.

"Don't tell me Malfoy complimented your outfit or something like that." Cordelia said in a bored tone. Andromeda knew how she felt about Lucius Malfoy and his twin sister. It's not she blames her though. Lucius and Cassandra were a bit dumb for Slytherins, but they tried.

"Don't be so rude Lia." Andromeda hummed, struggling to zip it up to the top. She didn't know Cordelia kept this dress, it clearly was a size too small for her breasts now. Perhaps it was because this was the last dress Cygnus ever bought her. Andromeda couldn't bring herself to wear hers, she only wore it once and that was at his funeral last year.

"Yes Lia, don't be rude. Just because you can't get a boyfriend because you're so scary, doesn't mean you can ruin my chances." Narcissa hummed happily. "And no, he complimented my hair. I think I should just straighten it from now on."

Cordelia snorted. "And what did he say? Oh Black, I love your hair. Let me sniff it!"

Andromeda giggled a little when Narcissa gasped. "I'm sure he was very gentlemanly about it."