━ four : suspicions

THE OTHER BLACK
chapter four
.   .   .   .

ANDROMEDA BLACK,
SEVENTH YEAR
.   .   .   .

𝘼ndromeda immediately stopped moving, pain being the only thing she could feel when she tried to pick up her fallen quill. Her twin beside her raised a brow, swiftly picking it up for her and she threw it on her table. Andromeda thanked her with a smile and went back to her work. She hasn't spoken to Cordelia since their argument a few nights back. It turns out Tonks wasn't dead, he had just fainted but Andromeda was still angry at Cordelia for trying to kill him. Ted wasn't her friend and he'll never be after what he did to her but he was a human as well, he felt pain. Andromeda knew he deserved some part of what Cordelia did and that she only did it to protect her but it was still so very wrong. All of it was, and the fact that Parkinson got blamed only fueled Andromeda's anger towards her sister.

"I am sorry, you know? I guess I was angry about Tonks touching you even when you said no and it made a little insane." Cordelia whispered to Andromeda, features soft for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"A little doesn't sum it up." Andromeda chuckled a little, though it sounded lifeless and she saw Cordelia crack a little smile.

"Okay, I went insane, I admit that but you have to understand Andy, you're my sister, my family. And I mean it when I said I'll kill anyone who wrongs you."

Andromeda smiled a little. "I know, but I don't want you to. I can handle my own battles."

"I know you can, but I want to help." Cordelia huffed out. "I really just mean well."

Andromeda smiled again, positioning herself so she could face her sister and she winced in pain. She guessed she should tell her sisters about what Ted really did but she couldn't, it wasn't easy. "I know you do Lia, and I appreciate it, really I do but next time, I'll handle my own problems, okay?"

Cordelia smiled back. "Okay." She bit down on her bottom lip. "Can I play with the scraps after you're done then?"

For what seemed like the first time since the incident happened, Andromeda could feel laughter bubble inside her and she let it out, shaking her head slightly. "I'll save a whole one for you. My awesome, ass kicking sister can't play with scraps."

The feeling stayed with Andromeda the entire day, even when she sneaked down to the Hospital Wing later that night, half a skip in her step because of the pain. She had decided to take Madam Pomfrey's help after what Cordelia did to Ted, at first she thought she did it purely out of spite but she was wrong. She actually enjoyed talking to the medi witch about her problems and Madam Pomfrey was so kind.

"Hello Andromeda." Madam Pomfrey greeted the younger witch, a twinkle in her eyes and a bright smile on her face.

"Hello Madam Pomfrey, I came for the check up." Andromeda replied, a smile of her own on her face as she sat down with quite some difficulty.

The change in Madam Pomfrey's face was enough for Andromeda to loose her good mood and she grew worried. What could be wrong? What happened? Is it life changing? Will she be able to hide it from her sisters?