Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Fiancee

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako o ano. I'm used to guys telling me that they want to marry me because I have fans who are damn smitten and willing to kneel just to take my hand but... seriously? The mighty Theo Damien Valencia, telling that to me is just so unbelievable and ridiculous!

I laughed... but it turned out so fake. Kahit gusto kong matawa ng totoo ay hindi ko magawa dahil sa sobrang kaseryosohan ng kaharap.

Seeing him right now, all serious, I can't help but to think that probably he's really serious about marrying me. Pero bakit? Bakit ako?

And for someone like him who definitely don't believe in love, how can he suddenly ask me to marry him? Ako pa talaga na pangatlong beses niya pa lang nakikita?

"Don't tell me you fell in love with me at first sight?" Natawa ako at bahagyang kinabahan.

That just seems too impossible!

He licked his lower lip and amusedly raised a brow. Ngumuso siya at bahagyang kinunot ang noo na tila nagpipigil tumawa. He turned his gaze in front and I glanced unconsciously at his long fingers that are slowly tapping the steering wheel.

"I don't believe in love, Miss Castillo..." he uttered and looked at me.

Ako naman ang napataas ang kilay. Humalukipkip ako at puno ng sarkastiko siyang tinitigan.

"Then why do you want me to marry you, Architect Valencia?"

I can't believe him! He clearly told me that he wanted to marry me. Pero bigla niyang sasabihin na hindi siya naniniwala sa pag-ibig? What does that mean, then? Hindi sa umaasa ako pero... hindi ko maintindihan ang takbo ng kukote ng lalaking ito!

"Look..." he sighed and pressed something that slowly made the car top closed.

Tahimik kong pinanood ang car top na sumara nang nagpatuloy siya.

"We are trapped in a controversy and it's clearly your fault—"

"Wait! Stop right there!" I immediately cut him off. "How is it my fault?! You kissed me—"

"You kissed me first—"

"I kissed you first?!" Hindi ko napigilan ang mapasigaw.

His lips parted slightly, looking shock because of my sudden outburst. Bahagyang may kadiliman sa loob ng sasakyan dahil tuluyan nang sumara ang car top at heavily tinted rin ang mga bintana. And I hate myself for finding him hot while we're in the middle of these banters!

"You really don't remember it, do you?" Nag-uumapaw ang pagiging arogante sa kaniyang boses.

Taas-noo kong sinuklian ang kaniyang titig.

"I remember it!" I lied.

I lied without thinking about the possible consequences of my actions. Damn it!

"Uh-huh?" He kept his lips parted when he coolly rolled his tongue on his upper teeth and let it rest there for a second.

Why does his lips look like that? Thin and reddish. Looking so effortlessly kissable—

What the fuck am I thinking?

"So, you remember that you're the one who did the first move, right?" He said.

Bahagyang nanlaki ang mga mata ko at natawa. "Ako? Nag-first move?"

"Hmm..." he nodded.

"Really? Ako?" I exaggeratedly pointed at myself and laughed more. "Ikaw kaya! You stare at me like a hawk the whole night. At noong sumayaw ako, sumunod ka! And you freaking grinded your manhood behind me just to let me feel that you were so needy that time!"