Y/N's 11th Birthday

Y/N POV

I awoke with a start panting and sweating. I had awoken from a very strange dream. The dream consisted of a black hooded figure shouting something and then a green light followed by a thud, it was at this point I had awoken. Looking over at my clock it read 6.30 am.

"Damn it." I said as I got out of the bed.

As I stretched, I looked around my room. It was an extremely basic room consisting of a bed, wardrobe, a desk and chair for where I could do my schoolwork. As I got changed into my School uniform ready for the day, I had the strange feeling I was forgetting something, something important. Since I could not remember I pushed it to the back of my mind. I had lived at the orphanage for as long as I could remember. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen and turned to look at a spot in the living room a spot where something happened that I could not explain. I had been terribly upset that day there used to be a vase on the small table that was before it had exploded for no reason. I had gotten into a lot of trouble from Claire our Keeper for it as she asked me what happened, and I could not explain it. I continued to stare at the spot when I heard footsteps from behind me. I turned around to see Claire and the other children enter so they could get ready for their day at school as well. As Claire saw me, she smiled at me as if trying to tell me something. I was trying to piece it all together, but before I could.

"Happy Birthday Y/N." she said with a smile.

I stood there rooted to the spot. How could I have forgotten my own birthday? The other children laughed at me while I chuckled to myself. After a quick breakfast I made my way out of the door and off to school.

School was always an annoyance for me due to the other children harassing me about homework and making remarks about how I had no parents. I had always been top of my class in all subjects as I mostly had my head in any books I could get my hands on.

The bell soon rang, and the other kids rushed out for their break. I remained behind and pulled out the book I was currently reading which was Sherlock Holmes the valley of fear I had always enjoyed a good mystery. As I sat engrossed in my book my teacher walked over to me with a concerned look on her face.

"Y/N?" she asked.

"yes?" I replied without looking up from my book.

"why are you not outside with the other children?" she asked.

"I don't know if you noticed or not, but they don't want me to be around them plus I like reading my books instead." I said with a smile. As the bell rang once more the others returned from there break and the day continued.

Dumbledore's POV

Today was February the 16th Y/N L/N's 11th birthday. As I made my way to the orphanage, he now resides at I had many thoughts, would he have grown to be like his grandfather or more like his father? I hoped for the latter. I approached the gate of the orphanage and I wondered whether he would be accepting of things to come. I knocked on the door and waited for it to be answered. A moment later it was answered by a lady with blonde shoulder length hair and blue eyes.

"Good Afternoon." I said to her.

"Good afternoon can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, I was wondering whether Y/N L/N was here?" I asked with a smile.

"Might I ask what it is regarding?" She asked.

"I wish to offer him a place at my School starting in September." I replied with a smile.

"I'm Claire, Y/N should be home soon can I offer you some tea while you wait Mr?" Claire said.

"Dumbledore and yes that would be lovely thank you." I said as I made my way inside.