Beginning of 8th year.

Hermione's POV

A few day after Y/N had restored Claire's memories we were at his home with Tina and Newt. Mum and dad had come round as Tina had invited them and wanted to meet them. We had also gone and picked up Rosie as Tina wanted to have a little party to celebrate our engagement. Rosie did not know yet and neither did Harry, Ron, or Delilah. As the others arrived we hugged one another and laughed and joked. Harry and Ron were telling us about work and Harry had told us about how he was settling in at Grimmauld place. Dobby was also here but he looked unsure as to what to do as a house elf he was used to doing things and Tina had flat out refused to let him do anything.

"Dobby is everything alright?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Dobby is not used to this miss, Dobby is used to serving food and drinks to people miss."

"Well enjoy yourself Dobby." Y/N said as he held my hand.

Soon after Ron and Delilah were telling us about their dates that they had been on and it was nice to see how serious Ron was taking his relationship with Delilah. We heard the clinking of a glass and turned to see Newt and Tina with a glass of champagne In their hands as they handed others out except for Rosie who was having butterbeer as she was still too young.

"So first off thank you for coming." Tina said with a smile. "It's important that you are all here today as everyone in this room is very important to my Grandson and I think it's best if he tells you why you are all here."

Everyone's attention shifted to Y/N as I held his hand and looked to see my parents, Tina and Newt beaming at us.

"I suppose it is actually better to just show you." He said as he lifted up my hand with his and showed off the diamond ring on my finger.

"Were engaged!" I exclaimed as the others just burst into cheers and hugged us.

"Wow Hermione congratulations, I knew about the diamond but I didn't think he would propose so soon." Delilah said with a smile. "Ron and I want an invite."

"Actually about that Y/N and I have been talking and I um want to have you and Rosie be my bridesmaids."

Delilah and Rosie both looked at me stunned.

"Really?" Delilah asked in disbelief as Rosie hugged me.

"Really we have been through so much the last year and through Hogwarts so I don't see why not."

"Well in that case Hermione I would be honoured to be one of your bridesmaids." Delilah said with a smile.

I looked over to see my fiancé being pulled into a tight hug by Ron and Harry and smiled. I was so happy that we were actually going to get married.

"Hey Hermione?" Rosie asked. "How was it when Y/N proposed?"

"For me it was like time stopped Rosie Y/N had planned everything out perfectly. He proposed to me in front of the Eiffel tower in the same spot I took a photo for him many years ago."

"Well I am happy for you Hermione and thank you for making me one of your bridesmaids."

"Your welcome Rosie."

Harry came over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so happy for the two of you it's been a long time coming." He said as he released me from the hug with a smile.

"Thank you Harry." I replied. "I still can't believe this is happening."

"It's happening dear." I heard behind me to see mum and dad smiling at me.

"When you graduate your father and I will help with the wedding cost." Mum said.

"I will have to decline that generous offer." Newt said. "For Tina and I will pay for it. We have been saving for this since Y/N was born."