AFTERWORD

There had been many times when I thought this book would never see the light of the day again. Five years after releasing its first chapter here in Wattpad, it has remarkably endured and finally come to an end. The intervening years had not been easy ones; in fact, what makes this particular story so memorable for me is that it had been written at a time when remarkable changes had been taking place in my life. Gloomy thoughts, frustrations, grief, and happiness were all embedded into every page of Affair of Pretense. I can almost consider this as my magnum opus-but far from the embodiment of noteworthiness, this book is a manifestation of an evolving writer and the insatiable desire to tell a story to the end- notwithstanding time and distractions. It's still awkward, the plot might have a few holes, and some depictions might barely do the Regency era justice - but I loved-truly loved every moment writing this tale.

I hope you have enjoyed Georgie and Denver's story. On a side note, a lot of questions have been raised as to my choice of name: let me assure you that 'Evelyn' was a common name for upper-class gentlemen in this time period. I hope, however, that it did not distract you from enjoying every bit of this book.

Thank you very much, my dear readers. I hope to see you again in my next novel.

Miss Phipps